Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7000 attached devices list missing connected devices

pharbrian
Star

r7000 attached devices list missing connected devices

Many connected devices are missing from the attached devices list in both the router admin page and the android nighthawk app with the 2 most recent firmares 1.011.126 and 1.011.128. Firmware 1.011.116 will correctly show all of my attached devices that numbers from the mid teens to the mid 20s typically. With firmwares 1.011.126 and 1.011.128, it will show a higher number of connected devices on the home screen for the basic tab, but will show only 3-5 connected devices when you navigate to the attached devices page. The same thing happens on the nighthawk android app. 

I rolled the firmware back to1.011.116 and it resolved the problem. I tried once more installing firmwares 1.011.126 and 1.011.128. The problem of all my connected devices not showing up recurred. I once again rolled back the firmware to 1.011.116, and it resolved the problem. I also double checked that devices not showing up on the attached devices list, with firmwares 1.011.126 and 1.011.128, did indeed have an active and functioning wifi connection to the router. 

In short firmwares 1.011.126 and 1.011.128 have a bug with not listing all of the attached devices in the router admin page and the nighthawk android app. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: r7000 attached devices list missing connected devices

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 10
Portwey84
Virtuoso

@pharbrian  Exactly how many devices do you have connected to your router? I'm on the very latest v.128 release and all of my devices, both wireless and ethernet, are correctly showing in both the Nighthawk App and the router browser GUI.

Message 3 of 10
Portwey84
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Not sure why that would be necessary. I've never once had to do either. I just upload the firmware from my desktop, the router does its upgrade whilst I sit there and let it do its thing and the router reboots automatically and that's it. So why so many folks have issues, I have no idea.

Message 4 of 10
pharbrian
Star

I have anywhere between 15 to 25 devices connected at a time. It all depends on what devices are in use. Some devices are phones that may not be on or away from the home at any given time. At the time of this post, I have 19 connected devices. 

If you are showing the correct number of devices connected on the current firmware, I will try a factory reset after installing the 1.011.128 firmware and report back.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
pharbrian
Star

I'm on the same page as you @FURRYe38. We shouldn't ever be required to factory reset our router after a firmware update to resolve any bugs that are introduced with a firmware update. 

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

FRs are sometimes a necessary step in troubleshooting and to help validate problems seen. Some "Bugs" may not be bugs at all. There maybe differences introduced in newer FW that can cuase problems when installed over old FW and old user configurations. Thus a reset maybe needed to clear all this out and setup from scratch. Been a long time valid step in using routers. I've seen many issues resolved with a FR. Users choice though and I agree, should be last resort...

If users had working routers before last updates, and don't want to FR, then revert back to FW that was working for you then. You don't always have to have the lastest FW. 

Good Luck. 

Message 7 of 10
Portwey84
Virtuoso

@pharbrian  I forgot to say, I currently have 17 devices connected to my R7000, 4 wired and 13 WiFi. No issues, everything works as it should. Just checked my Nighthawk App and browser GUI, and both reporting the same.

Message 8 of 10
pharbrian
Star

Well it looks like a factory reset did the trick. Thanks for the recommendation.

I hope no one else has to do the same. It's a timely ordeal to restore all of your settings. (It took over an hour to restore all of my settings manually.) I did not want to restore my configuration from a save file, as this could have caused my problem to recur.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Amazing. 

Be sure to do a new back up config to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed again. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7