Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7500 VPN access

nullmeta
Aspirant

r7500 VPN access

I cannot get my VPN to work. It connects, but doesn not change my IP nor allow me access to my home network.

Here is my setup:

-Comcast router in bridged mode

-Nighthawk R7500

-Macbook pro with tunnelblick (tried viscosity as well)

I have a dynamic DNS, which is succesfully updating, I have tried every configuration of VPN options (tcp, udp, auto, home network only, all sites home network and internet, even did manual configurations in the vpn file to try and force some stuff.)

The problem is; I can successfully connect to the VPN server, but that's it. Nothing changes, i cannot access my home network, my IP address doesnt change, I don't know what it is even doing or connecting to. I have installed over a dozen configuration files trying to do this, and one of the reasons i bought this router was because of the VPN. ANy help would be greatly appreciated, I really want this VPN to work.

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
nullmeta
Aspirant

Re: r7500 VPN access

Ok I figured it out. I switched the subnet of my
Home network to 172.16.x.x and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
nullmeta
Aspirant

Some further troubleshooting, i was able to connect and access some SMB shares when I connected using a Windows 7 virtual machine. Tried also connecting on a Linux virtual machine but it did not work (and I didn't try to make it work). However once i connect to the VPN my Network tab on my Macbook shows 2 routers and my printer (I am connecting to my neighbors wifi to test all this). Even though I can see my network printer I cannot print to it through the VPN, and I cant see any of my other shares.

Message 2 of 3
nullmeta
Aspirant

Ok I figured it out. I switched the subnet of my
Home network to 172.16.x.x and it works fine now.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7