Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

tivo wireless n adapter - can't find dhcp server

Janet129
Aspirant

tivo wireless n adapter - can't find dhcp server

The router is working okay for everything except the TIVO devices. I have two TIVO s, each with a wireless N adapter. The error is N02 - can't find DHCP server.

netgear says it's the ISP who should fix it

ISP says call,Tivo

tivo says go,to ISP

i am able to connect two iPads, two,iPhones, a PC and a smart TV to the router with no problem.

its not logical that both wireless N adapters would quit working at the same time, so I ruled out a faulty adapter as the problem, in addition, I took the adapters to the router and they are recognized When directly connected to an Ethernet port on the router 

DHCP is enabled in the router's settings

channel is set to 6

I triied setting a static IP addr so for the TIVO. I use .30 and it is in the range but still didn't work

the internet provider says they will send someone to the house, but I don't see how that will help. They ch cked,the modem signal and didn't see any issues. 

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Janet129
Aspirant

Re: tivo wireless n adapter - can't find dhcp server

FIXED it myself.  hours and hours with ISP, TIVO, and NETGEAR -  all to no avail.  Reset tivo wireless adapter to factory defaults (paperclip), pushed the WPS button the router, then pushed the WPS button on the wireless adapter.  All those hours with experts......

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Janet129
Aspirant

FIXED it myself.  hours and hours with ISP, TIVO, and NETGEAR -  all to no avail.  Reset tivo wireless adapter to factory defaults (paperclip), pushed the WPS button the router, then pushed the WPS button on the wireless adapter.  All those hours with experts......

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You might beable to have the adapters connect to the main host routers SSID name and PW next time you try this. 

Glad you got it working. Enjoy. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7