Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: trying to connect my Amazon Firestick

G_jA67sKi
Follower

trying to connect my Amazon Firestick

My router is 14 years old & I have never had a problem with it.

I just purchased the Amazon Firestick. In the process of setting it up the firestick screen asks me to enter my Netgear password. No matter how many times I try I always get the same error message: "connection to netgear fallied. Try again".

The password is correct; I signed into the Netgear page the 1st time.

Can someone help?

Model: WGR614v9|54 Mbps Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

I assume that the firestick is trying to connect to wireless. Password would be what is setup for the wireless SSID connection. It sounds like from your description that you are trying to use the password that you would use to administer the router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
myersw
Master

I assume that the firestick is trying to connect to wireless. Password would be what is setup for the wireless SSID connection. It sounds like from your description that you are trying to use the password that you would use to administer the router.

Message 2 of 3
IrvSp
Master

@G_jA67sKi wrote:

My router is 14 years old & I have never had a problem with it.

What comes to my mind is SECURITY. Wonder if the old router has WPA2-PSK [AES] which might be required? Does it work with NO SECURITY?

Setting up the stick, do you see the 2.4Ghz SSID? I assume you did see it, selected it and you used the SSID p/w, not the router login one.

Do you have connection problems with any other devices?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7