Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

will not connect to iaai.com. Will connect to all other sires.

CurtisWalter
Aspirant

will not connect to iaai.com. Will connect to all other sires.

Computer will connect to iaai.com when plugged straight into isp. Will not connect when router is connected and computer is connected through it. 4 technitions cannot solve. Have reset router normally, have reset router "hard" "push reset pin in for a minute then remove power while pressing push pin, then re-updating firmware to current (latest) version, have reset router "hard shock" push reset pin for 30 seconds then unplug for 30 seconds while pushing on reset pin, then plug in power for 30 seconds all while holding reset pin in then unplug both power and pin, wait 5 seconds then power off for 5 seconds and go through initial setup and re flash with downloaded current firmware. Unplug for 5 seconds and try again. nothing has worked. I tried dowgrading to the last firmware and still no joy. I upgraded to the latest firmware again still no joy. 3 technitions have hung up on me while I was on hold as they were stumped and did not want to replace it. I called back and gave my Case # again 6th call over 3 days and asked fo a supervisor I was very nice and so was the agent. I have been on hold for 2 hours waiting for a supervisor. I have over 10 hours in this to no avail...... 

I installed a vpn on the computer and it will connect ti iaai.com through the router but if I disable the vpn it will not connect. Issue seems to be in the router. I have never set up any parental controls or restrictions on it. Just now, while still on hold the line has gone dead.......

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
CurtisWalter
Aspirant

Re: will not connect to iaai.com. Will connect to all other sires.

My 7th support agent finally was able to solve the issue.

Under Advanced > Setup > WAN Setup, He had me put a check mark on the NAT Filtering item and change it to Open.

The issue is now resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies

@CurtisWalter wrote:

I installed a vpn on the computer and it will connect ti iaai.com through the router but if I disable the vpn it will not connect. Issue seems to be in the router.

Really? You have installed a VPN and conclude that the router is the source of your problems?

Seems like there could be other issues. But not knowing the VPN you have, who knows? Have you asked the VPN supplier for advice?

Did you have problems before you installed the VPN?

Message 2 of 7
CurtisWalter
Aspirant

Did you not read the post?

The computer will connect to iaai.com if plugged directly to my ISP.

It will not connect when connected through the router.

It will connect through the router if I use a VPN on the computer.

Message 3 of 7

@CurtisWalter wrote:

Did you not read the post?

Yes. But it is hard to follow what is going on. It doesn't help that it is a solid slab of mostly irrelevant stream-of-consciousness text. (We don't need to know about your discussions with technicians.)

You absolve the VPN of all blame without explaining why. There are many ways of installing a VPN. Without details, who knows if you had to do something to the router that upsets it when the VPN isn't  in use. For example, some VPNs require the installation of custom firmware.

If you think you have a broken router, and it is still under warranty, start the RMA process at my.netgear.

And we haven't even started to talk about the modem, if there is one, in front of this router. That, along with the firmware version, is one of the first questions when trying to troubleshoot connection problems.

Message 4 of 7
CurtisWalter
Aspirant

I have 12 computers on my LAN. About 3 to 6 of them need to access iaai.com daily.

Something in the firmware or internal software in the R70000P is not letting it pass through either wired or Wi-Fi but any other site works fine. Chrome, Edge, and Firefox all “time out” waiting for it to connect.

I have been setting these machines up for 35 years and have not seen this issue before.

I have changed DNS servers also to no avail.

I have performed many factory resets. Including the secret ”hard shock” reset as told to me by one of the associates.

I have re-updated the firmware to the current version as well as the previous version and back again.

I have not set up any restricted sites or services or parental controls.

Our old Cisco Linksys E1200 accessed it fine.

We needed better Wi-Fi coverage so I purchased the R7000P.

Everything worked flawlessly until we tried to access https://iaai.com.

Message 5 of 7
CurtisWalter
Aspirant

If I bypass the router with a computer directly connected to my BTES Fiber router it connects to https://iaai.com instantly.

It will not connect to https://iaai.com through the R7000P router.

The only reason I set up a Nord VPS was to troubleshoot the issue and yes the computer will connect to https://iaai.com through the VPN and the R7000P router.

So this tells me that the issue is with the router.

I will not set up a vpn in all the computers so we can access this site.

I hope I am clearer now.

Message 6 of 7
CurtisWalter
Aspirant

My 7th support agent finally was able to solve the issue.

Under Advanced > Setup > WAN Setup, He had me put a check mark on the NAT Filtering item and change it to Open.

The issue is now resolved.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7