× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Also I have problems with my mesh router

antoniovp
Aspirant

Also I have problems with my mesh router

Did updating the firmware help? Also I have problems with my mesh router also in that when I walk around the house the phone or laptop I'm using doesn't connect to the closest mesh router satellite Sometimes. I'm hoping Netgear will set a firmware that fixes that

Message 1 of 6

Re: Also I have problems with my mesh router

@antoniovp wrote:
when I walk around the house the phone or laptop I'm using doesn't connect to the closest mesh router satellite Sometimes.

The switch between different wifi sources should be in the hands of your mobile device.

The behaviour you see is not among the issues so far reported in this discussion.

Message 2 of 6
Jrmjenash
Aspirant

Yes updating the firmware on my router and satellites helped.  My only issue I've had so far is when we have a power outage and the power comes back on not all the satellites will reconnect.  I have to power off the router to get them all to reconnect.

Message 3 of 6

@Jrmjenash wrote:

I have to power off the router to get them all to reconnect.

Have you tried just rebooting the satellites?

I find that this usually work as long as the router is on line.

It may even work if you use the app to reboot the router. Worth trying.

PS This is another example of a broken conversation

MR80 keeps losses connection to satellites - NETGEAR Communities

Looks like it was down to a changed subject.

Message 4 of 6
antoniovp
Aspirant

A lot of times i try to log in says no internet and takes a while to log in.  Also the wifi signal is one bar.   My phone is 5 ft away from a satelite.  Im wondering how that can be.   I wonder if some one set a fake router.  Ive heard of flipper zero and things like that.  Other times full bars and connects instantly.  Is there a way to make sure im logging into my router?

Message 5 of 6
antoniovp
Aspirant

I suppose one way to verify is to get an app on your phone like wifi anylzer, and check the distance of the mac address.  At one point several of my security cams said 6m which is well outside my house.  I reset pulled the plug on the router, and let sit for a few minutes and when i plugged in all the devices were less than 3m some 1.6m etc.  You have to have location on for that app to do that.   I'm not sure what that means also.  I have the router in basement, and the 2 satelites on each floor, one with ethernet backhaul.  So i'm not sure how my wyze cameras said 6m, that's 36 feet away.  Possible, were they suddenly trying to connect with the satelite in the rear of the house?  i'm not sure.   I'm wondering if Netgear can build into their nighthawk app, some ssid spoofing safe guards, or at least write some code that somehow visually shows if your ssid is spoofed.   I think as more and more threats like this happen, escpecially in cities like NYC, where my neighbors are 10 feet away, Big companies have to safeguard their clients.  (I know it only takes a few people to spoil it for the rest, like that idiot shoe guy on the airplane.)  

Most of the time the netgear is ok.  But starts acting funky and i'm like is this ddos, or something with the netgear.  Does anyone else have these types of problems?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series