Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Any easy way to connect 2.4GHz only devices ?

ssartor
Aspirant

Any easy way to connect 2.4GHz only devices ?

Hi,

I have a Nighthhawk AX1800 Mesh WiFi System (MK63S) which works really well.  Recently, though, I tried to set up an indoor security camera that only connects on the 2.4Ghz band and was unable to do so.  Because this is a mesh system there's no ability to turn off the 5Ghz radio and i see no way in the software to force a connection to a specific band.  Is there any (easy) way to connect a 2.4GHz only device?

thanks for any help

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Any easy way to connect 2.4GHz only devices ?

Turn OFF the MS. Try changing the power output of the 5Ghz radio to 25% on the MR. Then connect your mobile device at a distance from the RBR to ensure the mobile phone keeps connected to the 2.4Ghz radio. After you get the IoT device connected, re-configure the system back to where it was. 

Message 2 of 4
ssartor
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm running my MR60 in AP mode with firmware V1.0.6.116_2.0.54 and I don't see any option to change the power level of the 5GHz radio.  Under Advanced Setup=>Wireless Settings i can change the CTS/RTS Threshold for both 2.4 and 5GHz radios, enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence for 2.4GHz, change the Preamble, enable SSID Broadcast, enable Implicit Beamforming and enable AX.  And that's it -- not a lot to tweak.

thanks

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

"enable SSID Broadcast" <Disable this.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7