Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Can't find firmware updates to install on Nighthawk Mesh wifi 6 Satellite MS60

mayacelium
Aspirant

Can't find firmware updates to install on Nighthawk Mesh wifi 6 Satellite MS60

Our Nighthawk wifi routers have stopped working. When I logged into the app, it says "Firmware Out of Date", but does not provide an update link. Instead, it says "visit routerlogin.net to update your router's firmware". After searching for a 20 minutes, I finally found the updates under Administration-->Firmware updates. So I clicked on "search for updates" and it says that none were found. What can I do? 

Message 1 of 5
Kitsap
Master

Re: Can't find firmware updates to install on Nighthawk Mesh wifi 6 Satellite MS60

@mayacelium wrote:

Our Nighthawk wifi routers have stopped working. When I logged into the app, it says "Firmware Out of Date", but does not provide an update link. Instead, it says "visit routerlogin.net to update your router's firmware". After searching for a 20 minutes, I finally found the updates under Administration-->Firmware updates. So I clicked on "search for updates" and it says that none were found. What can I do? 

Go to the Downloads section at the top of this page.  Where it asks for model number, put in MS60, and select your device from the dropdown.  It will take you to this page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/?model=MS60

See listing on the right.  Release notes are right under the firmware.

Message 2 of 5
mayacelium
Aspirant

Re: Can't find firmware updates to install on Nighthawk Mesh wifi 6 Satellite MS60

When I go to the downloads page that you referenced there are many firmware updates to choose from, I included a screenshot of the list. How do I know which one I need? 

Message 3 of 5
Kitsap
Master

@mayacelium wrote:

When I go to the downloads page that you referenced there are many firmware updates to choose from, I included a screenshot of the list. How do I know which one I need? 

The one at the top is the most recent release.  Version 1.1.7.134.  It is in the form of a zip file.

Right under the firmware link, there are the words Release Notes.  This is also a link.  Click on it to bring up a page of instructions on how to install the firmware on your device.

The release notes also provide instructions and links for updating the the firmware on your MR60 router (base station).

See attached.

Message 4 of 5

@mayacelium wrote:

The link you were given is not the best place to start. That list is certainly confusing.

A better place is here:

Nighthawk MK62 | WiFi 6 System | NETGEAR Support

That makes it clear which is the  most recent firmware.

In general, when you want to check for downloads start here:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7