Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Device (Pellet Grill) will only connect over 2.4GHz

MLBeachDude
Follower

Device (Pellet Grill) will only connect over 2.4GHz

Just got MR63 router/mesh network working in my home and cannot connect my wifi-enabled reqtec pellet grill.  Reqtec will only connect over 2.4GHz.  A solution proposed on the Reqtec community website recommends broadcasting the SSID only over 2.4GHz.  Can this be done with the Nighthawk mesh system?  

The grill connects to wifi using an iPhone app so the iPhone also has to be connected to the 2.4GHz band for the setup.  Evidently this is done one time and in the future, I won't need to mess around with the Wifi broadcast settings.  

Also interested to know if the NetGear community has experienced a similar issue and found a different solution.  

Thanks...

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Device (Pellet Grill) will only connect over 2.4GHz

all kinds of people run into this issue. Its actually lazy coding on the app developer/manufacturer's part. 

The MK63 system doesn't have a way to split the wifi bands. 

What you can try doing is to turn down the 5ghz broadcast power to its lowest possible and turn off the 5ghz ssid broadcast (doesn't actually shut off the radio). Power off the satellites and then walk aways away from the router. Disconnect your phone and reconnect it. That'll give you the best odds the phone connects to the 2.4ghz. 

If it does, then setup the grill. If it doesn't, we'll try a different tactic. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7