Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Firmware update notifications when no update available per app

edwardeverett
Aspirant

Firmware update notifications when no update available per app

Hi, 

We get email notifications that our MR60 router has a firmware update available, but when we look for the update via the app, it has often said 'no update is available'. Our system seems fine, but this many times makes me curious if there's a disconnect somewhere. Any thoughts you have would be welcome. 

Thanks, 

Ed 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

The firmware update email messages are mainly marketing messages and friendly reminders for lazy users. There is no logical connection between your router firmware version and the proposed update, these emails are sent-out regardless.

Be aware that the automatic update check does not always bring up the very latest firmware version - there is always a delay between the availability on https://netgear.com/support  and the live update.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The firmware update email messages are mainly marketing messages and friendly reminders for lazy users. There is no logical connection between your router firmware version and the proposed update, these emails are sent-out regardless.

Be aware that the automatic update check does not always bring up the very latest firmware version - there is always a delay between the availability on https://netgear.com/support  and the live update.

Message 2 of 5
edwardeverett
Aspirant

Schumaku - thank you very much. 

Message 3 of 5
mackbig
Aspirant

Same boat here.  MR60 owner and got the email that new firmware was ready.  Noticed on site it says new and current firmware is 1.0.6.110

i have 1.0.6.102, so I followed instructions on app, and sure enough "No new firmware is available at this time"

Based on the comments about 110 from a while back I guess I should be happy.  its a bit buggy, but no message like a mixed message.

Ironically at one point Armor told me my router is a risk becuase of old firmware, but its been up to date since I got it in December.

mackbig

ps: cant choose my model number in the model number 'subject" line....

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mackbig,

May you reinstall the Nighthawk app and check for a firmware update. You may also check to see if you're able to update the firmware by checking the admin page via web browser.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7