Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: HomePod Mini Not working on MR60 Mesh WHEN Satellites are NOT Plugged in

TroyCo
Tutor

Does this working firmware have a version number we could look out for by chance?

Message 51 of 121
Crt-crt
Tutor

V1.0.6.103

When they finally release it, it will more than likely be different but who knows.

Message 52 of 121
glenn_
Tutor

Just dropping in to say i am having the same issues as everyone else. Satellite is in bedroom with two homepods. Air playing to the homepods does not work.

My current firmware is 1.0.6.116
Hoping this new firmware comes soon.
Message 53 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

Mine do not work at all after them saying they fixed it. Netgear! Who is in charge of this? Can someone step-up and take ownership of this BIG issue? Or is this a personal thing against Apple with you guys???? Which shouldn't matter, we are the customers who paid hundreds of dollars for something to work and just get ignored as if not a big deal. Why don't we see Netgear use them in their own home and work places. Then what?
Message 54 of 121
Dank003
Initiate

I sent you a PM - is there a hope to troubleshoot and resolve this or should I return these ?

I’d like to stick with this system, but I really need this to work.

Thanks
Message 55 of 121
Choppers
Tutor

Add me to the list of people still looking for a solution. I may need to return this to Amazon before I’m outside the return window. I wish there was some concrete information about the progress with addressing this issue.
Message 56 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

At elast you can return it still, I did not get a HomePod and find out it did not work with my currrent hardware/AirPlay2 until after my return peroid expired and the support for Netgear also expired; they want me to pay money to fix their issue - which is clearly not ONLY my issue.

Netgear really, really, needs to put this up as a priority 1!

I just pulled out a smart plug that I need to use outside and it will not work either on the netgear mesh system. It keeps wanting me to be on the same network, so it cannot distinguish between the two satilites on the mesh system either. 

HELLO, Netgear, can you hear us now? 

Message 57 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

Anyone having luck with this working on iOS 15????? I cannot still cannot use my Apple devices with AitPLay on a Mesh system with Netgear!!!! EVen other smart devices from other vendors (non Apple) ALSO FAIL!!!! nothing seems to like he Netgear Mesh system!!! NEATGEAR PLEASE HELP BEEN OVER A YEAR!!!!

@

Message 58 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you asked Apple for help and support information regarding there features? Maybe an Apple issue and Apple could lend a hand in seeing where the issue is. 

Message 59 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

They did months ago and the higher tier engineers took logs and combed through them for 2 weeks and came back wi th netgear not passing through correctlly when it should be "like" the same network though on a satilite. They even had me unlpug the satilites and everything worked once onlt the main router on and all the devices where in range on it. Sent back to Netgear and never head back...

Message 60 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

Just got off the phone with Apple again (tier 2) they gathered logs (back in May) and it showed I have a poor wifi signal on my network (which I have a satilite in my trailer so not sure why it is a poor signal, the poor signal from the main router that is in the house?) 

Apple Engineers said disconnect all satilites so only main moden and router are on and that worked perfect, all the devices could talk; then I plug in the satilite and in no time the devices can no longer talk as if on another network. The error message on the devices even say not on same network. 

Since it resolved the issue by only using the router with the modem, Apple said it is on the Netgear to assesst me on the configuration to handle this issue.

As per case# 101346018132

Any one? Bueller.... Bueller, hello...... 

@FURRYe38  @netgear @admin  

Message 61 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

I replied but this site did not save what I wrote, it is lost,,,,, one more time

I called Apple support again today. THey read what the engineers did with the logs back in MAY, they said "the logs show on the device a poor wifi signal (which is odd to me since I have a satilite with me in the trailer and the router & moden in the house 50 feet from me, through a couple thin walls).

So Apple had me unplug the satilites so ONLY the modem & router on and the devices were connected to it. Then, the airplay worked, the devices could see eachother fine and all worked UNTIL I plug back in the satilites and go back to the trailer and then all is lost again and the devices can no longer see each other and give the user error on the UI about making sure the devices on 'same network'.

With all the logs and tests like this Apple said this is on Netgear and I need Netgear to help me on the settings on the mesh system. So who can help me on this? 

Has anyone chenged their mesh settings and got it to work? I need help on my Mesh sytem since devices do not see eachother on it. Even non Apple devices have the same issue, smart plugs, smart thermostat - they all have the same issue whan I try to set them up in their own apps, "not on same network" is all I get and they ALL check their logs and say get with Netgear!!!!!!!

@netgear  @FURRYe38  @Support 

Message 62 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok thats a good test. Seems like there is a problem with the MS when apple devices are connected there. 

Something to let NG support know about. You might send this to a forum moderator as well:

@DarrenM 

@jaymz69 wrote:

I replied but this site did not save what I wrote, it is lost,,,,, one more time

I called Apple support again today. THey read what the engineers did with the logs back in MAY, they said "the logs show on the device a poor wifi signal (which is odd to me since I have a satilite with me in the trailer and the router & moden in the house 50 feet from me, through a couple thin walls).

So Apple had me unplug the satilites so ONLY the modem & router on and the devices were connected to it. Then, the airplay worked, the devices could see eachother fine and all worked UNTIL I plug back in the satilites and go back to the trailer and then all is lost again and the devices can no longer see each other and give the user error on the UI about making sure the devices on 'same network'.

With all the logs and tests like this Apple said this is on Netgear and I need Netgear to help me on the settings on the mesh system. So who can help me on this? 

Has anyone chenged their mesh settings and got it to work? I need help on my Mesh sytem since devices do not see eachother on it. Even non Apple devices have the same issue, smart plugs, smart thermostat - they all have the same issue whan I try to set them up in their own apps, "not on same network" is all I get and they ALL check their logs and say get with Netgear!!!!!!!

@netgear  @FURRYe38  @Support 

Message 63 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

Thank you, how do you find forum modrators?

Message 64 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

User accounts with a "N" next to the user name are NG forum moderators.

Message 65 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

@jaymz69 wrote:

@netgear  

@techsupprt 

Message 66 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure when you tag someone that you look at there online profile prior to posting. 
As you can see, techsupport hasn't been online since 2018. I suggested a forum moderator that you should contact already. He's been online recently. Smiley Wink

@jaymz69 

Message 67 of 121
GregCro
Guide

For what it's worth, I am still having this issue. When satellite is plugged in Airplay, handoff, and even simple things like creating a reminder via Homepod do not work. Add to that, I have a NAS device for Time Machine backups, and now that is also not working as it is connected to the satellite.

The only way I have found to get Netgear attention is to shame them on social media. Go to their Twitter account and let their followers know that their tech does not work with key Apple features. Still hasn't got the problem resolved, but it at least creates some attention for a while. Would encourage othes on the thread to do the same and eventually this might get fixed.

Message 68 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

User need to open up a support ticket as well. 

Message 69 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

Where? I go there and put in my serial number and then says I have to pay to do that.

Message 70 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

Will do since this is not helping and they want me to pay to have support. 

Message 71 of 121
glenn_
Tutor

Netgear can we please just have a working software update that will work with the Apple homepod? This is ridiculous.
Message 72 of 121
GregCro
Guide

Anyone looking for a wonderful thread to share their story of their router/satellite not working with Airplay/Handoff/Timemachine I'd suggest this is a great place to add your story:

https://twitter.com/netgear/status/1446513620414775296?s=21

Message 73 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

All I get when I call neatgear support is I am out of time for support, PAY more $$$ aand we can help you. WAIT! listen to what is happening FIRST!!!  Really need some customer service training at Netgear!!!!! 

Message 74 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

I posted on a thread with the same complaints, thanks for the link! 

Message 75 of 121
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7