Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: HomePod Mini Not working on MR60 Mesh WHEN Satellites are NOT Plugged in

McRip2012
Aspirant

Betreff: HomePod Mini Not working on MR60 Mesh WHEN Satellites are NOT Plugged in

Got the same issue with my MR60 + satellites. I really hope netgear will fix this some time soon.

Message 76 of 121

Another frustrated owner. I own 3 HomePods, when i turn off the satellites, everything works great, once they're on... can't connect to them. Any news on a software fix for this?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 77 of 121

your support page doesn't work 

Message 78 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

I am tired of wasting almost a year on this issue with no help from Netgear. Surprised this company is even runinng - upper management even know of this? Tax season I am throwing Netgear away and buying the compition! I got way more support from Apple on a device half the cost. I wish I knew someone in the media to give this story too..... well....

I even posted on Twitter and it gets ignored. Just tired of this product, the company, and its lack of service!

@Christian_R 

Message 79 of 121

I was told today to go get another one from Costco and “try” to see if it works out… seriously
Message 80 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

Really? Wow, at least you were told something, and what about ALL the others customers with the same issue Netgear???? I just posted this thread on Twitter on Netgear... see if we can get some traction on this.,..

Message 81 of 121

I had a couple of tweet going out as well.
Message 82 of 121
GregCro
Guide

I was contacted via Twitter DM (after posting on their Twitter). A support person is supposed to be contacting me, so we'll see if that helps. 🤷‍♂️

Message 83 of 121

i guess two tweet in one day about it, just did it... let me know if they come up with the "oh, you'll have to return it" solution 

Message 84 of 121
glenn_
Tutor

keep us posted. hopefully this company that sold us this lemon can come good by fixing the issue in a software update.
Message 85 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

I been tweetng but nothing yet... Glad to hear it got some attention somehwere... 

Message 86 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

what is the tweet link - I want to retweet it and like it..... 

Message 87 of 121
Arkhyle
Tutor

Hi, 

A correction has been developped the 3rd of March 2021 and it works:

MR60-V1.0.6.103_21.03.03_homepod.chk

MS60-V1.0.6.103_21.03.03_homepod.chk

but it is still not impemented in the current release MR60-V1.0.6.116_2.0.54.chk.

One workaround is to wire (when possible) the satellite MS60 with the MR60.

Message 88 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

Does not work for me, and I have wireess mesh system for the reason I CANNOT be wored so defeats the purpose... 

Still waiting for a fix...

Message 89 of 121
jimjohn101
Aspirant

Hi Arkhyle,

Is there somewhere we can download this firmware?

Thanks

Message 90 of 121

So the software is not released yet? Also I thought the Ethernet port was to connect a peripheral device. Didn’t think I could connect the satellite with the router. Wouldn’t defeat the purpose of being wireless
Message 91 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Though ethernet connected MS offer ethernet connected support in cases where wireless may not be good. Wire has better operation and performances over wireless. 

Possible not having MS not connected via ethernet is revealing a problem with HomePod devices. 

Message 92 of 121
Choppers
Tutor

As stated, wiring the satellite defeats the purpose of a mesh system. The benefit of having a mesh system is that it is a simple plug and play solution to extend the range of a wifi network. If I wanted to wire, I could have gotten a router and switch.

Message 93 of 121

I agree. I have my house wired in, so I could do that, but why should I do that because NetGear won’t fix the issue.
Message 94 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Having a MESH system wired does NOT defeat the purpose of a MESH system. Just offers the flexibility of having satellites connected either wireless OR wired. Its still a MESH system regardless of connection. Orbi MESH systems have same features.

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Its up to users (if they have the wired infrastructure) to use either feature. Why NG offiers these features. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061710/What-is-an-Ethernet-backhaul-connection-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-m...

Message 95 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd make contact with NG support and let them know what your seeing. It's interesting that the HomePods devices work with ethernet connected MS and do not work if the MS are wirelessly connected. Just seems like something HomePod data is not getting passed thru when MS are wirelessly connected. Something NG should be able to fix. 

Ask a moderator to help look into this:

@DarrenM 

@DariosaurusRex wrote:
I agree. I have my house wired in, so I could do that, but why should I do that because NetGear won’t fix the issue.

Message 96 of 121
Choppers
Tutor

Great comeback! Capitalizing words doesn't MAKE you MORE right. The point of the matter is this doesn't happen with other mesh systems and this has been an ongoing problem for a long time now and NetGear hasn't proivided a solution. Their customer support has not been helpful either. So thanks for your ultra helpful input.

Message 97 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd make contact with NG support and let them know what your seeing. It's interesting that the HomePods devices work with ethernet connected MS and do not work if the MS are wirelessly connected. Just seems like something HomePod data is not getting passed thru when MS are wirelessly connected. Something NG should be able to fix. 

Ask a moderator to help look into this:

@DarrenM 

And the links I provided should help with understanding ethernet connected MS units.

Doesn't make me "more wrong" either. 

Good Luck.

@Choppers wrote:

Great comeback! Capitalizing words doesn't MAKE you MORE right. The point of the matter is this doesn't happen with other mesh systems and this has been an ongoing problem for a long time now and NetGear hasn't proivided a solution. Their customer support has not been helpful either. So thanks for your ultra helpful input.

Message 98 of 121
Suggymoto
Aspirant

Adding my name to the list. When I try to search for a firmware update on the Nighthawk app for iOS it fails to search. Currently running v1.0.6.116_2.0.54 and unable to use any AirPods (of which I have 2 full size and 1 mini)
Message 99 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Always check here as well for FW updates:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

@Suggymoto wrote:
Adding my name to the list. When I try to search for a firmware update on the Nighthawk app for iOS it fails to search. Currently running v1.0.6.116_2.0.54 and unable to use any AirPods (of which I have 2 full size and 1 mini)

Message 100 of 121
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7