Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: How can I disable 5G on my Nighthawk Mesh system?

How can I disable 5G on my Nighthawk Mesh system?

How can I disable 5G on my MR60 mesh system?  There are several reasons someone might need to do this.  "Your device will choose the best connection" isn't always the solution.   I need to disable it for a specific reason.  I've looked through the support articles and the only one I found said to go into the Advanced settings and there are options there to disable the 2.4 or 5G radios.  Unfortunately those options don't exist on my MR60.

How else would I disable 5G?

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello guitaman3001, 

The Nighthawk mesh system does not support this feature.

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Silly_PuTTY
Guide

I had a Wyze robot vac that wouldn't setup no matter what. It requires the phone to be on 2.4GHz as well (I even had to turn of mobile data). Since I couldn't disable the 5GHz, I made another 2.4GHz network (advanced settings, customize wi-fi) soley for this vacuum. 

At some point I'll find an old phone or laptop with 2.4GHz only and move the vac back (I think I lose my mapping too if I do that sigh).

I vote that Netgear expose the option to either disable the radio (maybe have it auto turn back on after a short period like 10m to save people from themselves) or allow us to split the two networks instead of only being able to create new networks (1 new 2.4 and 1 new 5GHz).

edit: FWIW I have the MK83 and it's the same situation.

Message 3 of 4
RussellRoman
Tutor

silly-putty,

how did you make another 2.4g, i have 2 hubs and 2 switches that will not connect to my nighthawk.

i have the   

Dual-band AX1800 3-Pack (MK63) Nighthawk Dual-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System 1.8Gbps

any help would be great.

eric 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7