Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: How do I create user accounts for the VPN?

matte1
Aspirant

How do I create user accounts for the VPN?

I am trying to use the VPN feature of my Nighthawk Mesh WiFi-6 system.  I can't find any place in the admin web interface to add user accounts.  How can I add those accounts?  

Thanks,

Matt

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

You can't - all VPN users run on the same user account and the same certificate. If you have to ban/remove user(s) you need to roll-out a new config to all VPN users...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

You can't - all VPN users run on the same user account and the same certificate. If you have to ban/remove user(s) you need to roll-out a new config to all VPN users...

Message 2 of 4
matte1
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  So if there is only one user account, how do I set its username and password?  I tried the admin account, and that didn't work.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 3 of 4
matte1
Aspirant

Never mind, it appears just leaving username and password blank works.  Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7