× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

I have a MR80 with 2 MS80s and I think I finally got to the bottom of this issue

Krixtian
Initiate

I have a MR80 with 2 MS80s and I think I finally got to the bottom of this issue

I have a MR80 with 2 MS80s and I think I finally got to the bottom of this issue. This has happened to me multiple times before and I’d just fix it by changing the SSID and connect everything one by one, until the next power outage. This last power outage I didn’t want to do that so I tried EVERYTHING before having to reconnect everything and fortunately found out that the issue isn’t the router, UNFORTUNATELY the issue is with random devices WIFI chips that were affected by the outage are trying to connect to the same IP as other devices, causing some devices to not connect.

So you either power cycle all of them manually, or change SSID and connect them one by one remotely fixing the culprits along the way.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: I have a MR80 with 2 MS80s and I think I finally got to the bottom of this issue

Or once you have everything setup, you go into the router and setup reserved IP addresses for those specific devices causing the issues. that should prevent that issue

Message 2 of 3
Krixtian
Initiate

Re: I have a MR80 with 2 MS80s and I think I finally got to the bottom of this issue

OMG, that’s a great idea, I never thought of that, thank you!! It took me 2 days to get all my devices connected again. With reserving IPs, I should be safe after a power outage.

I’m suspecting the issue are my Google Nest Cameras because those were the only ones that wouldn’t connect to the new SSID through the app until I hold down their reset button and start fresh.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series