Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Isolate LAN and WLAN connections

Network_Eng
Aspirant

Isolate LAN and WLAN connections

Hello,

I have a need to isolate LAN and WLAN traffic and keep some devices from the meaty core of my home network. I can use Guest to isolate WLAN clients that are prone to hacking and have vulnerabilities, but is there a way I can isolate LAN devices as well? I don't see the LAN ports are managed, and bridging just plops them on the internet public IP space. If I added a managed switch in front of the MR60, that wouldn't work because I only have one Layer 3 network on the MR60, so I will still allow all devices to speak within the same network. Short of scrapping a brand new MR60 for something more robust, thought I would see if the community has any ideas on network segementation on the MR60.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Isolate LAN and WLAN connections

Something that the MK mesh system doesn't support. If your looking for more ways to separate some devices and have this kind of feature, you may want to look in to the Orbi Pro series MESH system. The MK series is more designed for the average home user with easy of setup and use. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7