Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Latest MR83 firmware V1.1.6.4_3.1.92 and attached devices not showing in network map

in2ndo
Apprentice

Latest MR83 firmware V1.1.6.4_3.1.92 and attached devices not showing in network map

Has anyone updated the MR83 to the new version 1.1.6.4 ?  I'm running iOS app ver. 2.10.5.17  and now the attached devices don't show up under network map. 

I see the router and the 2 satellites.  but when clicking on each one of them.  the devices don't appear.  They all show up under devices.  Just not in the network map. 

How else can I tell what is connected to each satellite and router. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
in2ndo
Apprentice

Re: Latest MR83 firmware V1.1.6.4_3.1.92 and attached devices not showing in network map

So just in case anyone runs into the same problem of loosing or not been able to see the attached devices in the network map of iOS or android app.  after updating to V1.1.6.4.  

I re-flashed the MK83 back to V1.1.5.4 and everything is back to normal.  now I can again click on the network map and on the router and each satellite and it shows the list of what is connected to each.   So the problem is V1.1.6.4 . 

Support is suppost to be escalating the issue. 

I tried the iOS app on an iPhone XS an iPhone 8 and also on an android device.  they all the problem with V1.1.6.4. 

Again,  I know I can view this info. on the routers web page. but if I want to be able to keep an eye on the hardware.  this needs to work on app.  specially since is not just one plain old router but 3 pieces of hardware that need to be monitored every once in a while. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
in2ndo
Apprentice

So I just finished doing a factory reset and setting up the whole thing again.  and same thing with devices not showing in the network map.  I spoke to support on the chat and they're the ones that recomended the factory reset. 

Any ideas ?

thanks.

Message 2 of 4
in2ndo
Apprentice

This keeps getting better and better.. spoke to support again. They had me re-flash with the same current version 1.1.6.4 and again reset the whole thing. But this time. I didn’t activate parental controls. Now, not only the devices don’t show up in the network map under each satellite and router. But when I click the device manager. I get a message to activate parental controls.
So I think this is the problem. Since they’re now selling parental controls. They’re not allowing any access to the devices on the app. So they’re making an almost useless app Completely useless.
Message 3 of 4
in2ndo
Apprentice

So just in case anyone runs into the same problem of loosing or not been able to see the attached devices in the network map of iOS or android app.  after updating to V1.1.6.4.  

I re-flashed the MK83 back to V1.1.5.4 and everything is back to normal.  now I can again click on the network map and on the router and each satellite and it shows the list of what is connected to each.   So the problem is V1.1.6.4 . 

Support is suppost to be escalating the issue. 

I tried the iOS app on an iPhone XS an iPhone 8 and also on an android device.  they all the problem with V1.1.6.4. 

Again,  I know I can view this info. on the routers web page. but if I want to be able to keep an eye on the hardware.  this needs to work on app.  specially since is not just one plain old router but 3 pieces of hardware that need to be monitored every once in a while. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7