Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MK62 or MR60?

tregan01
Guide

MK62 or MR60?

I recently purchased the Netgear-Nighthawk AX1800 Dual-Band Mesh WiFi 6 system. I notice on the invoice it states the model number is MK62, but on the app, under "Hardware Version", it says MR60. Which is correct?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5

Re: MK62 or MR60?

Same issue here.

Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tregan01 and MarcHChampagne, 

The MR60 model number is for the router itself in the Nighthawk app. MK62 refers to the mesh system with router and satellite included. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 5
BabydD
Aspirant

Umm, I purchased mk60 mesh system in Feb. Mk62 is another type of unit. Difference is that it does NOT have a dedicated backhaul
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@BabydD wrote:
Umm, I purchased mk60 mesh system in Feb. 

To my knowledge, there was and is no MK60 - what would be kit, not a device.

Where have you accquired something designated MK60?

Provide images of the product labels of the router and the satellite (and the box in case it's still around).

@BabydD wrote:
Mk62 is another type of unit. Difference is that it does NOT have a dedicated backhaul

As lined out before, the MK62 is a kit containing a router designated MR60 and one satellite designated MS60. The MK63 does contain one router and two satellites FWIW.

FMI: 

MK62 Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System - Data Sheet 

MK63 Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System - Data Sheet 

@BabydD wrote:
Difference is that it does NOT have a dedicated backhaul

Do you state the MR60 (or whatever it's the designation on the device) router does only have a single Ethernet port for WAN/Internet, and the satellite should have no Ethernet port?

The Nightawk Mesh devices (as available today) as MR60 and MS60 indeed have no dedicated wireless interface for a dedicated wireless backhaul.

Or are you talking about the Netgear Orbi SRK60 kit - which certainly has a third wireless radio allowing to use this as a dedicated wireless interface?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7