Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MK63 - Satellites stop sync with router after 7pm everyday

c_santiago23
Aspirant

MK63 - Satellites stop sync with router after 7pm everyday

Hi,

I am reaching to the community as the Netgear support has not being able to help me after a month and a half of this issue.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk Mesh System (The one with one router and 2 satellites) since July 14 after I got a replacement for the Mesh system from Cotsco. I set it up and was working fine for a day and a half when all of the sudden after 7pm tthe sattellites will loose connection from the router. No explanation at all as the logs don't say nothing on the event. Router will keep connected to the Internet and WiFi on the router only is working providing internet to the devices that are connected to it.

I have call and create different cases and everytiime I go to the same routine of troubleshooting steps and nothing has fixed the problem. Last person who I talked from the netgear support told me that it was an issue of ip conflict. Ask me to call my ISP and ask to change my Modem/Router to Full Bridge Mode as he thought that was causing the issue. Wrong, after changing it to Full Bridge Mode yesterday and reset my router and set it up again, guess what happend today, same behaivor around 7:30pm today the satellites loose connection to the router.

Another issue I found today that the network port on the router is intermitent as when working during the past few days the link to my work computer was disconnecting every 5 minutes, changing the physical PC to WiFi solved the problem.

In other words I have some bad experience with this and Netgear support. Does anybody has experience my problem. 

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: MK63 - Satellites stop sync with router after 7pm everyday

Hello c_santiago23, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and most recent case number. I'd like to have your issue escalated.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
KevoTrain
Aspirant

I've had the same problem! Is there any way to sol e it?
Message 3 of 5
c_santiago23
Aspirant

I was not able to slve the issue after 6 months with support. I decided to go a different way and bought a Mesh Router from another comany.

Message 4 of 5
johnniegtg
Aspirant

I'm 1 day shy of a month with this system. I'm in constant battle with this issue. I lose connection with satellites daily. I have factory reset and setup new system at least a dozen times. This junk will be getting returned for a refund.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7