Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MK63: "Issues Connecting with [mesh network]" (but access to internet is fine througho

JimShane
Guide

MK63: "Issues Connecting with [mesh network]" (but access to internet is fine throughout house)

MK63 AX1800 bought at Costco Jun 2020

Let me preface this with - access using t he Nighthawk Mesh system is working just fine throughout our house. I was thinking of adding a couple of new satellites. So, I went on my android phone to the Nighthawk app. I used to go on this app all the time to see what was connected to what satellite (but I haven't used it for a while - and I have a new phone since I last looked (I think) When I go into the nighthawk App, after searching for a number of minutes, I get the message "Issues connecting with [the name of our network]" Go to Settings > WIFI and join your Router's WiFi Network. (Now, I tried this, and I'm not sure whether I should put in the name of the AT&T network that is our Router, or the name of the Mesh Network that I set up when I got Nighthwawk) I've tried both. I've tried "Try again" multiple times. I tried "New System Setup". and I've tried "Connect via Anywhere Access" (when I do this, It shows me a green dot with the "MR60" name, but no other options - so I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it. (It doesn't show any satellites). Only the picture of the MR60 box, a green dot, the serial number - and the three vertical dots with the option to "Remove device" So, now, I don't know how to proceed. Any suggestions? Should I uninstall the Nighthawk App, and try reinstalling it?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MK63: "Issues Connecting with [mesh network]" (but access to internet is fine througho

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

If the ATT has a router built in, This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router. 

Need to make sure the mobile device that has the NH app on it, that it's connected to the MK wifi system, no the ATT wifi. 

Review the user manual and installation guides for setting up the MK system. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/mk62.aspx#docs

Message 2 of 6
JimShane
Guide

I don't think this is the issue,

I have AT&T fiberoptic modem.   The mesh system is connected to that - but the mesh has a different name.

The system has worked fine for a year and a half.   And, I have 4 teenagers, plus my wife and I - we are all still able to access the mesh throught our house at acceptable speeds.

the problem is that I cannot see access the network any longer using the Nighthawk App.  which is v2.12.0.1770

So, as long as I don't want to change anything, it's okay.   I used to go into the nighthawk app ocassionally to see the network - so I know it used to work.   I have since changed phones - I don't know that i have ever tried to access the Nighthawk App on my current phone (The app was transfered from my previous phone).

I wanted to think of adding a couple new satelites to the system - and that is why I wanted to go into the app.   So, I was surprised that I wasn't able to connect.   The phone is actually connected to the mesh network right now.  So why would the Nighthawk app tell me that it has "issues connecting with [network name]"?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. I would post about any NH app issues there. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps
Good Luck.

Message 4 of 6
JimShane
Guide

Thank you, I'll try that

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7