Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MK6x: MR60/MS60 attempting to add six MS60 's to mesh. Able to add six MS60 's to one mesh!

StewartT
Initiate

MK6x: MR60/MS60 attempting to add six MS60 's to mesh. Was able to add four MS60 's. Help!

I purchased three MK63 's, each contain one MR60 unit and two MS60 units.

I have been able to sync four MS60 satellites to one MR60 router without issue. Works fine!

I need to extend the wifi network to additional areas and have NOT been able to add the two additional MS60 units.

Is there a limit on the number of satellites allowed in a mesh per router?

I'll wait for a reply from one of the Netgear experts on how to move forward before returning everything to Amazon.

I have searched the manual and community for answers and this topic is not addressed.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StewartT
Initiate

Re: MK6x: MR60/MS60 attempting to add six MS60 's to mesh. Able to add six MS60 's to one mesh!

The ink wasn't even dry on POST before I attempted one more idea.

I reflashed the firmware on the router (MR60) and satellites (MS60) to V1.0.6.116_2.0.54

Why this release? It's the last stable level I remember using.

Maybe, their is a better level. I haven't yet attempted V1.1.6.122_2.0.58.

All I can say is "When I changed to V1.0.6.116_2.0.54, six satellites can be added to one router and the network is operational."

The stress testing now starts, we are a busy, high-tech, digital family that has stressed & hung a few networks that were not up to the task.

We don't have time for gear that doesn't work well. Which means stable, always available, & fast. Re-covers after a power outage, etc...

I'm pleased to say Netgear has shocked me with this wifi 6 mesh offering.

Much better then expected after a few problem products from Netgear.

I've been forced to purchase recycled commercial gear in the past because consumer grade offerings could not handle the demands or never got out of defect hell to the point of a stable network with critical features working.

Credit when credit is due. Well done Netgear! Keep up the good work.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StewartT
Initiate

The ink wasn't even dry on POST before I attempted one more idea.

I reflashed the firmware on the router (MR60) and satellites (MS60) to V1.0.6.116_2.0.54

Why this release? It's the last stable level I remember using.

Maybe, their is a better level. I haven't yet attempted V1.1.6.122_2.0.58.

All I can say is "When I changed to V1.0.6.116_2.0.54, six satellites can be added to one router and the network is operational."

The stress testing now starts, we are a busy, high-tech, digital family that has stressed & hung a few networks that were not up to the task.

We don't have time for gear that doesn't work well. Which means stable, always available, & fast. Re-covers after a power outage, etc...

I'm pleased to say Netgear has shocked me with this wifi 6 mesh offering.

Much better then expected after a few problem products from Netgear.

I've been forced to purchase recycled commercial gear in the past because consumer grade offerings could not handle the demands or never got out of defect hell to the point of a stable network with critical features working.

Credit when credit is due. Well done Netgear! Keep up the good work.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7