Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60 MS60 not working with specific SSID

ALLOH1
Tutor

During troubleshooting, I had done a bunch of hard resets, uninstalled/installed the app, literally started from ground zero a bunch of times. Also made sure the latest firmware was installed. I FINALLY found an article that resolved the issue.

I was able to change my SSID back to what it had been (LittleTurtle), and I had to change the 2.4 GHz channel to 06 (from Auto), and the 5 GHz to channel 48 AND IT FINALLY WORKED!

Something MUST have changed with the last firmware update, that hung up my SSID in some limbo.

I am back in business, and slowly all of my smart devices came back online. I am BACK in the 21st century again.

Message 26 of 28
ParkPerspective
Aspirant

Thanks for the update and glad you found something that worked.    I decided a while ago to just change me SSID to something that worked and reconnected all my smart devices.    While your troubleshooting worked, there really is no logic to 'why it worked'....which is what we need, otherwise we are back to square one when it happens again....which it most likely will, since we haven't been given a answer to why it happened in the first place.   Follow what I am saying?

Message 27 of 28
ALLOH1
Tutor

Oh, ABSOLUTELY I follow! I'm in IT... It was making me CRAZY that I couldn't figure this out. Thank goodness I finally saw your post and was like, it's NOT ME! Something is jacked here... 

Yes, there is definitely a bug out there that hung up our existing SSIDs. I hated not having all my smart devices active.

Thank you for posting!

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7