Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60 power adaptor

Mikeobrien
Follower

MR60 power adaptor

My girlfriends cat chewed through my MR60 power adaptor & I’m trying to get a replacement for it.  Unfortunately Netgear makes it impossible to get in touch with anyone that can help me.  I find it very interesting that you can’t email them to tell them what you are needing.

They apparently don’t really care about providing their customers with support.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

How bad is the cable. Most could be repaired, if stripped and twisted together and taped. 

Look on Amazon? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

How bad is the cable. Most could be repaired, if stripped and twisted together and taped. 

Look on Amazon? 

Message 2 of 3

@Mikeobrien wrote:

My girlfriends cat chewed through my MR60 power adaptor & I’m trying to get a replacement for it.  

Netgear does not sell replacement power adapters. Any generic transformer will work, as long as it has the right volts, enough amps and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions. (Look at the label on your device or the old adapter.)

These things are pretty common, so first check to see if you have something compatible lying around.

Look at  the label on the device itself. The manual says 12V, 1A DC output the data sheet says 12V/1.5A power adapters.

Some web stores will even claim compatibility with Netgear devices. There may even be a retail outlet near you.

Some generic adapters come with a set of tips that will fit a range of different devices.

Generic adapterGeneric adapter

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7