Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR80 with Satellite Remote reboot Satellite failure

blkhk1up
Follower

MR80 with Satellite Remote reboot Satellite failure

i have the MR80 (V1.1.6.6_3.1.93) with 2 wireless Satellite's, i am required to reboot remotely for unrelated device issues. However, i need to do this often remotely (away from the building) when i do the successful Router reboot, i loose the wireless Satellite's. i have to manually return to the building and manually reboot (unplug and plug) or the wireless  Satellite's to reconnect to the Main Router...................

FYI: the Satellite's are not wired. this is a wireless connection. we are unable to run a CAT line to either Satellite's

what is the sequence to reboot the router and Satellite's logically without physical interaction? 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR80 with Satellite Remote reboot Satellite failure

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between MR and MS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

If you have the Nighthawk mobile app connected properly you can reboot the MR remotely while your not connected locally. 

Might update FW as well. Update the MS first, then the MR lastly:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-124-Rele...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7