Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MS60 Device Name change

lrsantos
Tutor

MS60 Device Name change

How do I change the Device Name on the MS60?  I see an "Advanced Home" section if I scroll to the bottom of the menu on the left of the device page.  I can select "Setup" > "LAN Setup" and see where I can enter a new device name.  However when I hit "Apply", I get this message:

lrsantos_0-1672628894644.png

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
lrsantos
Tutor

Re: MS60 Device Name change

I was able to make the changes in the NightHawk App.  In the past that didn't seem to stick when I made the changes, but this time it is.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@lrsantos wrote:

How do I change the Device Name on the MS60? 

The MS60 is a satellite for your Mesh system. It usually comes with the MR60 router.

What do you mean by "Device Name."  The router's device name?

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

You might like to search there for messages related to your problem.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

Check for various troubleshooting tips.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
lrsantos
Tutor

I was able to make the changes in the NightHawk App.  In the past that didn't seem to stick when I made the changes, but this time it is.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7