Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MS60 (MK62 Kit) / Satellites will not sync after automatic Firmware update to V1.1.7.132_2.0.64

MS60 (MK62 Kit) / Satellites will not sync after automatic Firmware update to V1.1.7.132_2.0.64

Bought an MK62 mesh kit in June and couldn't be happier, good speeds, great coverage, easy to manage.

Six days ago my satellites were both offline (orange indicator lights) and I have been unable to get them synced up to the MR60 since then. Tried factory restes and followed all instructions, they just never sync and indicators never turn blue. Have been using them all with wireless backhaul, and worked just fine. Tried wired backhaul and same thing - will not sync.

I wondered about and looked up the release date on the V1.1.7.132_2.0.64 firmware and it seems that it just came out 10/17/2022. Is that correct? If so, seems almost a no-brainer that something went astray during the auto-update (which I should have turned off anyway, my fault there) and I want to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue and has a fix been discovered. The only thing I have not tried is a clean re-install of the router (after a factory reset) because the MR60 router seems to be working perfectly fine.

Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MS60 (MK62 Kit) / Satellites will not sync after automatic Firmware update to V1.1.7.132_2.0.64

Try downgrading the MR to prior version of FW and see if the MS reconnect:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-124-Rele...

If they do, manually update the MS first then the MR back to v.132:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-7-132-Rele...

Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Message 3 of 10
MDMENNEL
Tutor

still no go for me on this. I have even went back as far as 3 updates ago, FR all devices with no luck only the hard line to pc's are good, sats are orange and wifi spotty,slow  and disconnects .

Message 4 of 10

I am having the same problem, nothing works as far as getting any satellites synce into the mesh. Using the browser interface to add a satellite after factory restting everything, it will say that the satellite was setup succesfully but it never shows on the network map.
All this time I feel that I should have dug deeper and disabled automatic firmware updates because my problem started about three days after the last firmware release date on October 17, 2022. Woke up in the morning and both satellites are lit orange and have not been able to get them synced again yet. I have used the last three firmware versions on both router and satellites as you have. Have had no real problems performimg all these updates and can connect to satellites and router with a wired connection. Right now the router is performing well, but only as a router, so the mesh network I paid for is kaput.

I have always liked Netgear but am starting wonder if I have misplaced my trust at this point. The mesh network was great until it broke... right after an Auto Firmware Update.
Help!

Message 5 of 10

Thanx for asking Furry, but no. Please see my reply further down this thread. I have taken everything back to factory default settings and tried and re-tried but cannot get satellites to synce and form the mesh. Frustrated

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try downgrading the MR to prior version of FW and see if the MS reconnect:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-124-Rele...

If they do, manually update the MS first then the MR back to v.132:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-7-132-Rele...

Message 7 of 10

Furry,

Thanx again.

This was your original suggestion which I did try, but nothing has gotten me to the point where either satellite will re-connect.

At a loss what to try next.

Message 8 of 10
mnzs-blen
Aspirant

If devices were working fine back then, it should work now too..
Did you all try the Sync by connecting the MR LAN port to MS LAN port while the internet is on via WAN port ?
Message 9 of 10
Millard1982
Initiate

Have you figured out a resolution to this yet?

I have been having nothing but grief with this system over the last few updates especially with changing the SSID and things not connecting through WIFI. I have also had the same issue as you and have probably spent a total of 30+ hours over the last month power cycling, factory resetting and downgrading firmware. If it is any help, the FW I have found with the least issues and keeps the connections working and most stable (the main thing to me) 1.0.6.116. Do everything through hardlines and do not use the app. Once everything is setup, then move the sats in the areas you want them.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7