× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MS70 Wired Backhaul still shows Wireless

lrsantos
Tutor

MS70 Wired Backhaul still shows Wireless

I recently updated from the MR60/MS60 system to the MR70/MS70 system because I was having regular WiFi failures with the MR60 after having it for just over two years.  For the new MR70/MS70 devices I put them in the exact same places and used the same wired cables for the backhaul as the old MR60/MS60 setup.  However one of the MS70's is still saying that it is using the wireless backhaul.  The other MS70 showed wired backhaul.  I tried rebooting the router and satellites to see if it was just not syncing properly, but it still shows the same wireless backhaul status from that one location.  I reconnected the MR60/MS60 devices and it shows wired backhaul from that location still.

Is the MS70 more sensitive to potential cabling issues, or is something wrong with my new MR70/MS70 setup?  

All of the 70 series devices are on firmware v1.0.2.26_2.0.53.  The backhaul from the MS70's are connected to the MR70 through a NetGear ProSafe GS108 switch.  The same one I had been using for the wired backhaul for the MR60/MS60s that was working.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
lrsantos
Tutor

I tested it with the cable that came with the devices, both locally and as a patch cable at the location and it showed as "wired" with that cable both times.  So it looks like it didn't like my old patch cable. .  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you first sync the MS to the MR via wireless first? 

What happens if you connect of the MS directly to the back of the MR using a ethernet cable with out the switch in the middle? 

Try swapping MS locations to see if the problem follows.

What CAT# cables are you using? CAT6 is recommended.

Message 2 of 3
lrsantos
Tutor

I tested it with the cable that came with the devices, both locally and as a patch cable at the location and it showed as "wired" with that cable both times.  So it looks like it didn't like my old patch cable. .  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7