Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Mesh WiFi MR60 manual switching between 2.4 and 5

Shmarcussss
Initiate

Mesh WiFi MR60 manual switching between 2.4 and 5

I’m having trouble with some devices on my new mesh WiFi system, I’m finding that one of my Apple TV’s is having trouble air playing while on 5g but is not having that problem while on 2.4 but it wants to automatically connect to 5g, anybody having the same problem? Is there any fix to this or is there anyway to manually switch a device to the 2.4 network?
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Shmarcusssss,

The MR60 does not support this feature as the system is a mesh system and the bands cannot be separated and cannot be connected to manually. Are you able to confirm whether your Apply TV is connecting to your router or satellite(s)? 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Shmarcussss
Initiate

I have 1 router and 2 satellites, I have 1 Apple TV connected to each of the three, so 3 Apple TV’s in total. When trying to airplay to one of the two Apple TV’s connected to a satellite it takes quite a while for it to connect if at all, sometimes it just says that the device is not found. After a while it may connect or if I reboot the device then it will connect. I seem to have less issues if the Apple TV’s are connected to the 2.4ghz network vs. the 5ghz but because I can’t manually choose which one i’d like to connect to, I have to trick the routers by unplugging the closest one so it’ll connect to the 2.4 from a further router/satellite. It’s been quite frustrating. Never had that issue with the nighthawk router I was previously using before switching to this system. I included a screen shot of my airplay list that’s completely missing one of my Apple TV’s like it doesn’t even exist.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7