× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Need a Password Reset

dgadirector
Follower

Need a Password Reset

My router, which I can't find in the pulldown menu, is the "Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 Router M60," as printed on the device.

(Suggestion 1: Someone needs to either name the device properly or update the pulldown menu)

I received an email from Netgear today saying, "We've enhanced your product's security.  Please update to the latest firmware." Yet after finally gaining access to the app, I'm told there's no update.

(Suggestion 2: Give me the latest firmware number in your email.  I can see what it is in the app, so I'll easily be able to see if you screwed up by sending me an email.)

When I tried opening the app, though, I was told my email/password were incorrect.  Nope.  They haven't changed.  They're autofilled.  I opted for the password reset email, yet I was never sent the email.  I tried twice through the app and once through the website.  Nothing.  So I went for the "single use password."  A minute or two later I got the verification code and I was in.  Yet in my profile, settings, etc. I was unable to find where I could update my password.  Guys - this shouldn't be complex.  As I'm looking through the jumble of inquiries from people having the same difficulty, I see no clear solution.  I only see that someone with Netgear resets it internally.  Is that the only option?? What am I missing?  This should be simple.  How do I reset my password?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Need a Password Reset

Hello dgadirector,

Welcome to the community! May you provide a screenshot of the page you're unable to access for us to better assist. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Chilli71
Aspirant

Re: Need a Password Reset

I'm not at home and can not verify what I propose.
But the first thing I would try is to log in via web interface (either by www.routerlogin.com or by specifing the routers IP address which could be e.g. 192.168.1.1).
Log in, selected the advanced tab and look at the administration section if you find something about password settings.
The app is fancy but it lacks many options.
Chilli
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series