Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

NetGear MR60 - SSH connection from Internet

MartinCZ
Aspirant

NetGear MR60 - SSH connection from Internet

Hi,

I have Nighthawk® Mesh WiFi 6 System MK62. Router + satellite (connected via wire). Both running on latest firmware: MR60-V1.1.6.124_2.0.59.

I use SSH connection inside my LAN to connect to my Raspberry Pi and NAS storage. All is working fine. However I can't connect from outside my LAN - from Internet. SSH connection always time-out.

I double checked Port forwarding rules (IP addresses and ports to connect to LAN devices): O.K.

Tried to connect to router using Dynamic DNS address and external IP address - nothing helps.

It seems that SSH connection is blocked when it comes from WAN. Is there any help for me? I do really want to use SSH connection..

Thanks for any suggestions

MartinCZ_1-1663163332429.png

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NetGear MR60 - SSH connection from Internet

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 5
MartinCZ
Aspirant

Adding info for my Internet connection:

I have FTTH connection to my home. 

First device is: TP-LINK MC220L which is a media converter of SFP to RJ45. From this TP-LINK goes wire to my Mesh Netgear router.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you disable uPnP on the MR before or after setting up any Port Forwarding rules? 

Is any SPC or Armor enabled on the MR as well? 

Message 4 of 5
MartinCZ
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for pointing me to the directions that might be the cause of the problem.

Info:

there are no parental controls nor Armor protection enabled. I also didn't apply any Static Routes, VLan/Bridge settings. IP6 is also disabled. 

Port Forwarding rules were applied first and after that I noticed uPnP so I disabled UPnP in second step. I rebooted MR60 afterwards. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7