Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 Mesh / Extending

Allen_Jones
Aspirant

Nighthawk C7000v2 Mesh / Extending

I have a Nighthawk C7000v2. I would like to extend the range but not sure how. It's just "OK" in parts of my house, but get out to my garage (100+ feet away) and sketchy. I am going to parking an RV by my garage and want to extend good WiFi out there.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. Can hook up just about any thing. EX or EAX series extenders have wired AP modes that have the LAN port in back. A R or RAX series router can work in AP mode as well.

Wireless Access Point= Any device that broadcasts a wifi signal.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

That kind of distance, you might be best to put in a CAT6A STP lan cable out the garage and then put in a wireless AP unit that's connected to the lan cable for best use and operation. 

Message 2 of 7
Allen_Jones
Aspirant

So are you saying run a cable from my current nighthawk modem out to my garage and then hook another unit up to that out there? Whats a wireless AP? Thank you
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. Can hook up just about any thing. EX or EAX series extenders have wired AP modes that have the LAN port in back. A R or RAX series router can work in AP mode as well.

Wireless Access Point= Any device that broadcasts a wifi signal.  

Message 4 of 7
Allen_Jones
Aspirant

Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Just fyi, not all of the gears EX extenders have access point mode. The higher priced ones do so its worth checking into the ones you look at to see if they have that feature. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7