Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk M60 and Google Nest Mini Devices

subieguy2
Aspirant

Nighthawk M60 and Google Nest Mini Devices

I have 7 Google Nest Minis (speakers). I setup my new network with the Nighthawk M60 mesh wifi system. I named my SSID the same as my previous. I tried using the Google Nest Minis and they work very intermittent at best. So I decided to see if I could just run through the setup process through the Google Home app. No luck. So I read multiple places that I should factory reset them and try running through the setup with the Google Home app. I have tried that. It will run through the entire process. I hear a noise, I accept the agreements, I select my wifi network, then click next. I get a screen that says connected, then I get this error screen:

Google Home app error message 

Error MessageError Message

I know it is trying to connect to the 5GHz band... but I believe it needs to connect to a 2.4GHz band? Any way to force devices to a certain band? This is pretty frustrating. Right now I have 7 paper weights. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
subieguy2
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M60 and Google Nest Mini Devices

Really no one else has this issue? No help? 

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi subieguy2, 

The Nighthawk MR60 is a mesh system does not support the feature of separating the 2.4GHZ and 5GHz bands.

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
donclive
Aspirant

Hi!

Not saying it works but can they connect to the guest network?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7