Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk MR60 MESH- Seamless roaming

SaiKishoreV
Follower

Nighthawk MR60 MESH- Seamless roaming

Hi, 

I want to know if MR60 MESH router supports seamless roaming.

From the "mr60#docs / Documentation", I downloaded the "Product Data Sheet". I get MK62 data sheet. I am not sure if they both are same. From the data sheet. It looks like it supports seamless roaming. 

• Single SSID — Single network name provides seamless room-to-room roaming throughout your home

When my station tries to roam from router to satellite or satellite to router it first disconnects and then connects to the other AP. it doesn't look like seamless roaming. In seamless roaming the STA device should connect to new AP without disconnecting to the old AP.

So my questions are?

1. Is Seamless roaming supported by MR60?

2. If yes, how can I enable it?

Thank you,

Sai Kishore.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk MR60 MESH- Seamless roaming

Roaming or Fast Roaming is all done automatically between the MK system and the client device. It's up to the client device to roam, disconnect and re-connect between signals based on distances, location and signal strength seen by the client device. How client devices handle this implementation is up to the developer/mfr of the client device. Some devices handle the transition from one signal to another without much notice by a user, while some may not handle the transition well and users see a temporary disconnect. 

MR60 is the same as the MK60 series system, just means Kit that includes a MR60 and MS60 satellites in the Kit. MK(it)

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk MR60 MESH- Seamless roaming

A Mesh system like the MR60 and its MS60 satellites is designed to ease the transition. In reality, you may find that you can move between different wifi sources without noticing much of a jump even when you are using old school "non Mesh" wifi sources.

As to your original message, yes, the MK62 covers the MR60 router. The "MK" but denotes a bundle of MR60 and MS60 satellites. MK62 = two satellites. MK63 = three satellites.

So my questions are? 1. Is Seamless roaming supported by MR60? 2. If yes, how can I enable it?

You don't have to enable the Mesh technology. Just set up the system.

Quite the opposite, you have to work hard to turn it off.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7