Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk MR60 Wifi 6 Mesh satellite

hsmono
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR60 Wifi 6 Mesh satellite

My main wifi router is okay but my satellite keeps re-booting in this sequence: the light goes off then turns flashing white then solid amber then blue and then turn off again. This sequence repeats. There is no loose connections etc. Have had the mesh MR60 since Jan 2020. This started only a week ago. Have been on the phone with Netgear support for hours. They remoted in and updated my software etc. They fixed this but 10 minutes after I hang up the phone with them it started again. Most -- not all devices -- connected to WIFI work fine. There is a wired connection from my satellite to my LG TV that does not work. My question is: is this a hardware problem and I should get a new router? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk MR60 Wifi 6 Mesh satellite

@hsmono wrote:

My main wifi router is okay but my satellite keeps re-booting in this sequence: the light goes off then turns flashing white then solid amber then blue and then turn off again.

Just to clarify your network, you have the MR60 router and an MS60 satellite?

What firmware version do you have on the devices?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Did your conversation with support include resetting the network?

Message 2 of 4
hsmono
Aspirant

Just to clarify your network, you have the MR60 router and an MS60 satellite? yes, MR60 works fine and MS60's light keeps changing color flashing white, solid amber, blue, then turn off and repeats.

What firmware version do you have on the devices? Firmware Version V1.1.7.134_2.0.65.

The netgear support remoted in on my pc and downloaded the latest version on MR60 and MS60 today 3/20/2023 from netgear website. So the version is whatever version was the latest version this morning CA time. I do not know the exact version.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back? My modem is Arris surfboard T25.

Did your conversation with support include resetting the network? I have service plan with netgear support and I reset the satellite but sticking a paper clip in the hole behind the satellite unit for 60 seconds and released. I also synced the router and satellite before that by pushing the sync button on the unit and in the dashboard.

I am not that technical to provide more info.

Message 3 of 4

@hsmono wrote:

What firmware version do you have on the devices? I do not know. The netgear support remoted in on my pc and downloaded the latest version on MR60 and MS60 today 3/20/2023 from netgear website. So the version is whatever version was the latest version this morning CA time. I do not know the exact version.

Only you, and they, know which firmware is on the device. Without that detail, we are in the dark.

My modem is Arris surfboard T25.

Standard  modem, no built-in router to get in the way.

I have service plan with netgear support and I reset the satellite but sticking a paper clip in the hole behind the satellite unit for 60 seconds and released. I also synced the router and satellite before that by pushing the sync button on the unit and in the dashboard.

OK. They covered the obvious moves.

If the satellite is simply trying to reconnect to the router, perhaps there is some WiFi interference, or you need to put the satellite nearer to the router.

If the issue is that it keeps rebooting, one thing to look at is the power adapter that feeds the satellite.

If you have a spare lying around with the same output, maybe from some old equipment, you could try that. Or swap the adapters between router and satellite. If the routers start rebooting, that would indicate a power problem.

As you have a support contract (with GearHead?) you could go back to them.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7