Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk Mesh MK62 Dropping Internet Connection

mjcalabrese
Apprentice

Re: Nighthawk Mesh MK62 Dropping Internet Connection

@rukpat- I have done both of these things with no luck.  I am now "persona non grata" in my home due to the ongoing issues.  Sorta stuck between a rock and hard place right now.  We went out of town for a few days and the router still crashed so that was another ordeal as devices connected to the MS60 when the MR60 was power-cycled, then (because they are so far away) those devices were having issues, so we powered off the MS60 so the devices woud jump back to the MR60, but some didn't jump back to the MR60. ugh!.

At this point, I just want the product that was promised in the packaging ... Mesh WiFi6 that handles 25+ devices without issue...  Based on other posts in this thread, it's being done by Eero and Google Nest already.  Am I asking too much?

Message 101 of 141
NachoDR
Aspirant

Could someone from Netgear tell us if this is being looked into? I am also having problems in my household with a newborn camera that drops... Smiley Mad

only solution so far is to powercycle the satellite

Message 102 of 141
mjcalabrese
Apprentice

I just got off the phone with Best Buy.  The Store Manager is willing to let me exchange my MK62 for a Google Nest WiFi (and I pay the difference) which is a lot better than having to pay an additional $269 and trying to sell this on FB Marketplace. 

Since there has been little in the area of a firmware updqate in two weeks, I have to assume that Netgear really cannot handle this issue internally.

Sorry, guys ... I tried to stay the course, but my family is far more important to me than me admitting defeat.

Message 103 of 141
HackedReactor
Aspirant

@mjcalabreseYou put up a good fight, im glad you can atleast return the product and trade up to a much better system. I have had the Google Nest for a week and its been good so far. No drops whatsoever.

Message 104 of 141
mjcalabrese
Apprentice

Yep, just sent up the last of my debug logs and said my goodbyes to the L2 engineer. Now, I get to sleep in my bed and with both eyes closed.

I will continue to update this thread if I get any further information on my case. I would also be curious to find out if Netgear fixes the issue or there is a class action to refund everyone affected by this.
Message 105 of 141
Retired_Member
Not applicable

stable since 3 days so far -- what I can say is that they found something in my logs and its adressed by the right people.

Message 106 of 141
SMontesdeOca
Aspirant

Hello, I've raised two tickets for 2 of the major incidents i have with my MK62 router and satellite mesh system.

#43021438 and 43040516

Support asked me to close the latter one and have it merged in the first one.  I raised the ticket 7/6, and only feedback i have gotten is. What language do you want to use ... i responded ... then another week and they asked if i had done a factory reset ... i did the factory reset and responded back. And now almost a week and a half and no response.  In almost a month only "what language", and "have you done a factory reset? ... as question by the way."

Can Christian or someone from Netgear that actively respond on this topic help me escalate? my main two issues are the constant disconnections from devices, regardless of iOS, Android, Win10 and the other topic is that airplay is not working properly, devices can't "see" or find each other to work with, for music streaming, or sharing screen.

When i bought this system 2 months ago, it first upgraded to .92, then i upgraded some weeks after to .94 and everything worked fine, but when upgrading to .98 things started to get severe.

As a side question, has anyone seen a new upgrade? this morning i logged on and while .98 version is still stated as the latest version, a new 5.102 version is outhere on the site.  Has it been tried by someone? why is it not shown as the latest version?

Thanks, 

Message 107 of 141
mjcalabrese
Apprentice

@SMontesdeOcaI do not see a 1.0.5.102 version of firmware for the MK62 on the <https://www.netgear.com/support/download/> site.  I thought to myself, "No, I checked before I boxed it all up yesterday".

I just found the firmware by entering the MS60 product.  There are links to both the MR60 and MS60 in here:  https://kb.netgear.com/000062170/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-0-5-102

MR60:  http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MK62/MR60-V1.0.5.102_2.0.44.zip 

MS60:  http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MK62/MS60-V1.0.5.102_2.0.44.zip

Message 108 of 141
mjcalabrese
Apprentice

@Retired_Member: was this handled with a firmware update?

Message 109 of 141
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@mjcalabrese yes they are working on it. keeping the fingers crossed.

Message 110 of 141
SMontesdeOca
Aspirant

Hi @mjcalabrese, yep, while not directly associated as the latest upgrade, it is shown some lines below what appears to be the current vesion (98). 

Have you, or anyone tried it? I'm just about to give it a try ... before 98 it was all smiles and all ok with my mesh system.  As soon as i upgraded to 98, boom, daily disconnections and as some posted earlier ... I'm starting to be a "persona non grata" around the house! :D.  

Will wait a bit and see/read if anyone else tried it, and give it a try.

Thanks,

Message 111 of 141
mjcalabrese
Apprentice

, ,

Are there any updates on this topic? I’m wondering if everything is now working with the latest firmware update?

I have the same experience as @HackedReactor: 1 week of family-friendly WiFI. I actually used the Google WiFi app to show my son he was connected to the satellite because his door was closed and it forced his connection to the other side of the house.
Message 112 of 141
ak3t
Aspirant

Does the attached pic answer your question? Not only is it a screenshot of rebooting my MR-60, but the app now says orbi. App also thinks .98 is latest firmware. It is past time to box it up...
Message 113 of 141
mjcalabrese
Apprentice

@ak3t, there is a newer update now that actually claims to fix the wireless issues.

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/#

https://kb.netgear.com/000062202/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-0-6-102

1. Fixed WiFi connectivity issue
2. Fixed internet connectivity issue - one WiFi client couldn’t go internet but others are ok at the same time.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MK62/MR60-V1.0.6.102_2.0.45.zip

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MK62/MS60-V1.0.6.102_2.0.45.

Hope this helps.
Message 114 of 141
ddp922
Initiate

I'm having the same issue as well.  

I just got off the phone with tech support ,  I was bounced betweeen 3 people and it was real painful. I wish I fond this thread before I bought this system.  Best Buy really is pushing these and all the people said it's a great system blah blah blah and it works flawlessly at home.   

Netgear tech support really needs to "up their" game.  I also left like their support is outsourced to India which is based on the 3 people I have talked with, but maybe coincidence they all had an Indian accent?  Anyways 1.5 hrs (mostly which was on hold).   

I just hooked back up my spectrum router and pinged my gateway and its 1ms vs 5ms so its a big difference.  My speeds have also shot backup to 350-400 vs 120-150.  If your in the business to loose money then these guys are doing a great job.  I feel real bad for all of you who can't return, but I would dispute this with your credit card company ASAP.  

Message 115 of 141
canb_guy
Aspirant

as above with issues...... Firmware v1.0.5.102, MK62 and seems to disconnect certain devices still. Just before I typed this, I could log into the mesh setup on my phone connected to the wifi (Samsung S20+) so AC Wifi. but my Laptop with Killer Wifi AC it rufused to connect, but 30 minutes prior it was fine. Less than 24 hrs since I had previously rebooted it. This system $449 in Australia is not fit for purpose. 

Message 116 of 141
mjcalabrese
Apprentice

@ canb_guy

There is a 1.0.2.105 version and a 1.0.2.106 version (links posted above). The 1.0.2.106 is supposed to fix the issues, the 105 version fixes a “security” issue.

If you’re on the 106 version please open a support case and ask for escalation to L2 support engineering. The L1 guys have no clue on what to do.
Message 117 of 141
CloudNinja
Aspirant

Hi all.

I, like many of you, am having connection issues with my MR60/MS60 Wifi6 mesh system. It's usually my Chromecast that fails to connect and I have to power cycle the satellite, though it seems like I've had to power cycle the router at least once as well. It's a daily occurence while trying to watch TV, and I'll be damned if anything gets in the way of watching Parks and Rec or The Office for the 100th time.

Reading through this thread I've taken away the following:

-Outsourced Tier 1 support from Netgear has been the usual "did you try turning it off and on again" level of service, this is to be expected and its mostly the same across the industry, even for business customers

-A couple people managed to get their case escalated to a higher tier (guessing this is their US based support in San Jose), and from there escalated internally within Netgear to the Engineering department

-Someone on the Engineering team recognized this is an actual bug and a new firmware has been released (1.0.6.102) with multiple potential fixes for connectivity problems. Who knows if they've actually reproduced this problem via their QA team or engineering team, or if we as the customers get to be the lab rats. I'm betting on the latter. 

It would be nice if we had a bug ID given back to the customers in this thread that we could line up with release notes for 1.0.6.102, but alas that doesn't appear to be the case. Since 1.0.4.98 still shows as the current release, I'm guessing 1.0.6.106 is an early release and not deployed as the current stable release on the package server our devices connect to.

I'm going to give 1.0.6.102 a try via the following link and monitor for the next couple days:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062202/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-0-6-102

If it's still failing, @mjcalabrese and @Retired_Member seem to have gotten the furthest within the support organization and best to give that feedback. I'll go ahead and open a support case as well in that event, have mercy on the Tier 1 that has to deal with me. 

Message 118 of 141
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CloudNinja 

They found problems  on my logs of the satellite and the router and I was one of their guinea pigs for a test run which should have made it into the current firmware.

Currently I am running since 5 days without any problems.

So far Airplay and CC works, no satellite crash and no DHCP problems at all.

Looks very promising for me!

Best.

D

Message 119 of 141
CloudNinja
Aspirant

That's great news @Retired_Member , thanks for sharing your experience with the latest release and working your way through the support tiers. It's good to leave this feedback so people coming to this thread have a clear troubleshooting path. 

Message 120 of 141
NachoDR
Aspirant

Here as well so far so good!
Message 121 of 141
Retired_Member
Not applicable

after 4-5 days youtube on chromecast via iphone cannot connect witn the TV. As its sitting in the same room with the satellite I have powercycled only the satellite and voilà working again. this is very minor compared to what we had to deal with but submitted this to the support.

Message 122 of 141
canb_guy
Aspirant

106 firmware, so far so good. Not had to reboot all week. Touch wood lol
Message 123 of 141
sravs
Aspirant

I have a new MK63 since 29th June 2020 and I am on the latest firmware as of now. Experiencing wifi drops constantly. Have disabled AX but to no avail. I'd really appreciate any further tips and tricks to try.

As many others have also said, disabling AX is not an acceptable solution in any case given that it is one of the major selling points of the product!

Message 124 of 141
mjcalabrese
Apprentice

@sravs, what specific version of firmware are you on? Just because the MK63 system says you’re on the latest version doesn’t necessarily mean that there isn’t a newer version available.

You should be on this version: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/Nighthawk-Mesh-MK62-Dropping-Internet-Connect...

If you are, then please open a new support case and have it escalated to Tier 2 support.
Message 125 of 141
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7