Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WIFin6nSystem (MR60) - My laptop cannot find router wirelessly

ChipMorris
Aspirant

Nighthawk Mesh WIFin6nSystem (MR60) - My laptop cannot find router wirelessly

I am new at this - feel free to correct me. I recently purchased this system to replace a Netgear C6900 moden/router. A Netgear Tech assisted me in disabling the router portion of the C6900 and setting up the MR60 with most of my devices. (Approximately 10).  However, it turns out my main laptop does not even find the the new router as an 'available network'. My main laptop can connect to the router by ethernet.

I had excellent customer support for the initial setup, but since then all three of my calls have been dropped  shortly after the tech to whom I was transferred came on the line and requested the case number (which I supply - there is a short pause - my phone is then disconnected - vwith no 'call back). Frustration part of that is the 'on hold for 30 - 75 minutes each trying to reach the tech. Those messages never appeared when using the C6900; I only purchased this to try to exten better to our security cameras.

In addition our tablets frequently display a 'temporary internet disconnect' message which never occurred when using the previous C6900 router. I am not sure it those messages inidcate a problem with other devices that we just do not see happening.

I had decided t return the Nighthawk system until a friend suggest I try this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WIFin6nSystem (MR60) - My laptop cannot find router wirelessly

Ref.the laptop wireless, and assuming Windows: Intel WiFi adapters failed to recognize (and connect therefore) to [m]any AX access points. Head to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ and use the "Automatically update your drivers".  Once permitted the access, the Intel Driver & Support Assistant will discover the Intel adapter and can update the driver.

Message 2 of 4
ChipMorris
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice. I Netgear Tech actually contacted me last night and figured out the AX Access had to be disabled and a firmware update was needed. So far so good since then. I will use your link also.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Disabling AX in the MR60/MS60 has an impact on the performance, AX clients can't take any advantage out of it, not sure what happens on the wireless backhaul then, too.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7