Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system cannot add satellite on wireless network

rbalcon
Tutor

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system cannot add satellite on wireless network

I bought a NETGEAR - Nighthawk MK63 AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router with Two Satellite Extenders. I am trying to add another satelite but cannot add wireless but only using a cable to the router. If I synch using wiresless it gets stuck on the red light.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
rbalcon
Tutor

@plemans seems the fix is to use the synch button using the router app "Add Netgear Satelite" feature and then press the synch button on the satelite harware, at the same time, the satelite then connects and the light turns blue, eventutaly. The only issue is if you unplug the satelite you have to setup the synching again, it wont reconnect automatically.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try powering off the other 2 satellites that have already been synced. then when the new one syncs, power the others back on. 

Message 2 of 6
rbalcon
Tutor

@plemans same result, will only connect when the satelite is wired. I get a red light when I try synching the satelite.

Message 3 of 6
rbalcon
Tutor

@plemans got it working now, after reseting it, moving it away form the router and resynching several times, thx

Message 4 of 6
rbalcon
Tutor

@plemans seems the fix is to use the synch button using the router app "Add Netgear Satelite" feature and then press the synch button on the satelite harware, at the same time, the satelite then connects and the light turns blue, eventutaly. The only issue is if you unplug the satelite you have to setup the synching again, it wont reconnect automatically.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

eitherway, glad to hear you got it working!

If you mark your answer as solved, it might help the next person with that issue (since there's so few on here helping)

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7