Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 Router MR60 Dropping Satellite Connections

ematt70
Initiate

Just purchased this about a week ago.  For the first couple of days, was having the same issue as everyone else here, but since assigning the satellites static IPs, it has been rock solid.  The other thing I did (as a result of having issues with my Sonos) was changed the wireless channels for both 5gHz and 2.4gHz, based on what the Wifi analytics (in the app) told me were the best channels to use.  I doubt changing the channels did anything, but assigning the static IPs sure seemed to help (as suggested by another user).  Just wanted to post this, to confirm what others had suggested.

Message 26 of 33
kentstation
Aspirant

I been having numerous drops being hardwired in and through wifi.

How did you assign the satellites static IPs? Throught the Nighthawk app?

Message 27 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

You can assigned IP address reservations for the MS on the MRs web page using a PC or Laptop and a web browser connected to the MRs web page. 

Message 28 of 33
kentstation
Aspirant

Thank you for such a quick reply!!

Sorry, but is there anyway you can reword that? Would this be going into routerlogin.com ?

I am very amatuer to this type of stuff. 

Much appreciated.

Message 29 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes log into the MRs web page at routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1 in a web browser. 

https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-reserve-an-IP-address-on-my-NETGEAR-router
https://kb.netgear.com/24092/How-do-I-edit-a-reserved-IP-address-entry-on-my-Nighthawk-router

@kentstation wrote:

Thank you for such a quick reply!!

Sorry, but is there anyway you can reword that? Would this be going into routerlogin.com ?

I am very amatuer to this type of stuff. 

Much appreciated.

Message 30 of 33
kentstation
Aspirant

Thank you, after checking out the "How do I reserve an IP address," the steps 6, 7 and 8 look a bit daunting. I am unsure on what to select/type in for step 6. There happens to be 13 Address in the Reservation Table. I also see my two satelites and 11 other options which look like my phone, googe home, etc.

I tried holding in the reset button for 15 seconds on all of the devices and the drops have not happened since, fingers crossed.

Message 31 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

You can use what was assigned to the MS by the MR or the last IP address .13 can be changed to something else. Go with what is currently assigned for now to make it easier. 

Ok hopefully this will help stablize some. 

Should it be ok and continue to work better, 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

@kentstation wrote:

Thank you, after checking out the "How do I reserve an IP address," the steps 6, 7 and 8 look a bit daunting. I am unsure on what to select/type in for step 6. There happens to be 13 Address in the Reservation Table. I also see my two satelites and 11 other options which look like my phone, googe home, etc.

I tried holding in the reset button for 15 seconds on all of the devices and the drops have not happened since, fingers crossed.

Message 32 of 33
Gamereck
Aspirant

So I use mines as AP’s I let my main router provide dhcp to all the mesh devices. You have to static fro
The main router as well
Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7