Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 after power outage

Kferland
Follower

Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 after power outage

I have a strange problem that keeps occurring and I can’t seem to figure it out.

Whenever there is a power outage, none of my devices will connect back to my router, even if the router shows that it is successfully connected to the modem/internet. This includes after power cycling and following all the normal troubleshooting steps.

If I perform a factory reset on the router and keep the same network name and password (to avoid having to manually reconnect every device to a “new” network), none of the devices will connect. They will display the network name to select, but will never actually connect (spinning wheel of death!)

If I perform a factory reset and use a completely different network name and password, devices will connect to the router no problem once I put in the new name and password.

Netgear support is useless. When this first started occurring a few months ago, we tried every possible troubleshooting strategy you could think of. They eventually sent me a new router and the SAME problem kept occurring. However, my 90 warranty expired and they will no longer help me without purchasing a support contract.

I live in Florida, so power outages occur often. It is really frustrating to have to rename my network and reconnect all of my devices every few weeks.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this might be happening?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 after power outage

Any progress on this? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7