Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Router settingqs

Clamp
Aspirant

Nighthawk Router settingqs

How can I get the router to 2.4Ghz for a particular piece of equipment? It's presently set to 5 GHz I think. 

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

what router to you have? 

what actual issue are you having thats causing this need? 

Message 2 of 7
Clamp
Aspirant

We have a Nighthawk Mesh Wifi Rounter MR60

I just purchased a product that requires the 2.5 Mhrz and the product won't connect.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

With the MR60,there isn't a disabling the 5ghz. 

Just make sure your phone/tablet is on 2.4ghz during setup and whatever device you're trying to connect should work fine. 

Message 4 of 7
Clamp
Aspirant

Do you mean the Nighthawk app set to 2.5 ghz or is there another setting on my phone ? Thanks so much.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Some phones/devices have an option to prefer a certain band. Worth a shot to see if yours does.

Not sure (because I don't have one) of the ability to turn down the broadcast power but on some systems you can do that. You turn down broadcast power on the 5ghz and then disconnect/reconnect a phone and it stands a higher chance of connecting to the 2.4ghz. Then you simply setup your device and turn the broadcast power back up. 

Message 6 of 7

On the MR60 Mesh router with the firmware version v1.1.6.124 you can customize 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz network separately. You can do this by going to Advance Tab > Advance Setup > Customize Wifi Network.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7