Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Power Ouage

WAPond
Aspirant

Power Ouage

I have a Netgear MR60 MESH WiFi Router and two satellites.  Everything on the main system is working fine, but I recently took a utility company power interruption, and the light on one of the satellites is showing red instead of blue.  How do I get this device back on line?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Does it work if you swap satellite 1 and 2 around? 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you tried facotry resetting the satellite and re-syncing it? 

Or trying to hardwire it back into the router and syncing it? 

Message 2 of 8
WAPond
Aspirant

I have brought the satellite within 15 feet of the router, pressed the synch buttons on both the satellite and the router, and got a blue light on the satellite.  When I unplugged the satellite from the area near the router and plugged it back in at its remote location, all I could get was a red light.

I then went back to the router and pushed the synch button.  Then I went to the remote satellite and pushed the synch button  No joy there either.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

So it sync's by the router but not where you move it? 

Sounds more like its a distance/interference thing. 

How far from the router is it? 

What materials are the walls made of betwen the router/satellite? (certain materials block wifi)

Message 4 of 8
WAPond
Aspirant

The walls are concrete and brick, but I had good connectivity before I experienced the power outage.  I have a linear arrangement with the router, satellite 1, and satellite 2 (the one with the connectivity failure) in a line.  Satellite 1 has the masonry walls between it and the router.  It has good connectivity.  There is nothing but air and 25 feet of distance between Satellite 1 and Satellite 2.  I had good connectivity before the power failure.  One would think that it would be easy to restore the connection between Satellites 1 and  2.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Does it work if you swap satellite 1 and 2 around? 

Message 6 of 8
WAPond
Aspirant

Satellite 2 works in the middle location, and Satellite 1 works in the remote location.  I can live with this.

Let's close the case with my thanks to all who helped out.

Bill

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7