× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Satellite MS60 continually disconnect from Mesh Router Nighthawk MR60

Beauzy
Aspirant

Satellite MS60 continually disconnect from Mesh Router Nighthawk MR60

I called support last week (purchased in Sept 2021) they did zillions of things to get my 2 satellites to reconnect once again but it did not last (that included installing the latest firmware available Dec 10 2021 on your website on both of my 2 satelites and on my router). My house has 3 levels and is open style concept. My router MR60 Nighthawk is on the upper level. I have one Satelite MS60 that has direct view of my router with no walls or anything else that may block the signal , they are about 25 feet away from one another in straight line.  No reason to lose connection but it does. It will only reconnect if I bring that satelite upstairs and plug it next to my router, then it reconnects, I bring it back down and all seems good for 2 to 3 days sometime only a few hours and it disconnects once again and the only way to get it to reconnect is to bring it back upstairs again and do the same linking process. I tried moving the satelitte to other places on the main floor  but am having still the very same issues. All this is happening while my 2nd satelite which is in the basement (2 levels down from the router on the top level) stays connected like it should without losing connections.That one is not in direct line it has 2 floors to go through although the waves probably travel through the open stair case . Do I have an equipment problem ?? I hope to have succeeded putting the picture here attached . My camera was next to my satelite when picture was taken and the router is upstair next to the window you see on that 2nd floor.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite MS60 continually disconnect from Mesh Router Nighthawk MR60

@Beauzy wrote:

I called support last week (purchased in Sept 2021) they did zillions of things to get my 2 satellites to reconnect once again but it did not last (that included installing the latest firmware available Dec 10 2021 on your website on both of my 2 satelites and on my router). My house has 3 levels and is open style concept. My router MR60 Nighthawk is on the upper level. I have one Satelite MS60 that has direct view of my router with no walls or anything else that may block the signal , they are about 25 feet away from one another in straight line. 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What happens if you turn OFF one of the RBS? 

No reason to lose connection but it does. It will only reconnect if I bring that satelite upstairs and plug it next to my router, then it reconnects, I bring it back down and all seems good for 2 to 3 days sometime only a few hours and it disconnects once again and the only way to get it to reconnect is to bring it back upstairs again and do the same linking process. I tried moving the satelitte to other places on the main floor  but am having still the very same issues. All this is happening while my 2nd satelite which is in the basement (2 levels down from the router on the top level) stays connected like it should without losing connections.That one is not in direct line it has 2 floors to go through although the waves probably travel through the open stair case . Do I have an equipment problem ?? I hope to have succeeded putting the picture here attached . My camera was next to my satelite when picture was taken and the router is upstair next to the window you see on that 2nd floor.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series