Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Spectrum modem won't connect to mr60

Kacopers
Tutor

Spectrum modem won't connect to mr60

My modem fried in a storm this week so spectrum gave me a new modem. This one only has a single Ethernet output. When I attempt to connect it to my mr60, the router won't recognize anything is connected while the ethernet cord is in the internet port of the mr60. If I move the cord to the Ethernet port of the mr60, the router responds as if something is connected but obviously no internet data is being transferred to the MR60. I factory reset my mr60 and it hasn't changed anything. (Reposted from general forum)
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Spectrum modem won't connect to mr60

what modem do you have?

You factory reset the MR60 you said? 

After the reset, did you power off the modem and the router and disconnect everything from both? 

Then power on the modem first, leave it for 2 minutes, the power on the router? 

Message 2 of 4
Kacopers
Tutor

I'm not sure the exact modem but yes i tried all of that. I even tried a different router and had issues with it connecting and receiving internet. I think it's a modem problem. I called spectrum for it.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Good call on trying the 2nd router. If 2 routers are having the same issue, it tends not to be the router. 

did you get a chance to look at the model number of the modem?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7