Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

URGENT! MR60 Power Supply Fail - Making LOUD buzzing / hissing sound. Still under hardware warranty

SunLion
Aspirant

URGENT! MR60 Power Supply Fail - Making LOUD buzzing / hissing sound. Still under hardware warranty

Hi,

The power adapter to my MR60 is failing. It's making a terrible LOUD hissing/buzzing sound - plugged directly into the wall. Have tried other outlets in house, same problem.

This feels very unsafe, and it seems it may catch fire at any moment. This is not right, my other satellite is silent and not HOT like this one.

My products are under warranty still, I need a power supply replacement sent for the MR60 - ASAP!

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: URGENT! MR60 Power Supply Fail - Making LOUD buzzing / hissing sound. Still under hardware warra

Make contact with NG support:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 2 of 8
SunLion
Aspirant

Re: URGENT! MR60 Power Supply Fail - Making LOUD buzzing / hissing sound. Still under hardware warra

Hi @FURRYe38 , thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, the way Netgear has structured their support gives me the only option to post on this forum.Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 12.10.14 PM.png

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reach out to a forum moderator and see if they can help you:

@DarrenM @KevinLiT 

Message 4 of 8
SunLion
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 Amazing, thanks so much for the suggestion. I'll PM them now. Appreciate it!

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Send them your information and they should be able to go from there. 

Message 6 of 8
wcalifas
Prodigy

That sound coming from your power supply is most likely a capacitor going bad. Most of the time they don't catch fire, as it keeps going bad your router will have issues like slowing down your internet to disconnecting you until you replace the power supply.

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

I'd disconnect that power supply pretty quickly. It might be going bad and might not cause a fire but when it comes to that, better safe than sorry. 

Check your satellites as they might use a matching power supply that you can use to manage the router until you can get in contact with support/moderator to get help getting it replaced. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7