× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Unable to access MR60 web admin page after firmware upgrade to 1.1.7.134

Prasanga
Aspirant

Unable to access MR60 web admin page after firmware upgrade to 1.1.7.134

Hi All,

Router works for now (haven't tried to sync satellite yet) but on its own DHCP config - i had it fixed to a certain ip address on AP mode before. Suddenely i am not allowed to access or ping the fixed ip address - no arps being sent to the same. So i reset the router (after a simple reboot didn't make it any better) only to get this far on DHCP. 

I can see the ip address from the mobile app, can ping to it from my windows 10 machine, but unable to connect to admin page. MS60 page works though (it is hard wired to a switch along with MR60).

Ran a wireshark on wifi I can see TCP handshake failing miserably. TCP resets are being sent from MR60 to laptop to every attempt connect.

Edit: routerlogin.net worked! Dont know how as it was pointing to a public ip. Now i was able to set it up with static private ip, but still direct access is being denied, only routerlogin.net works.

Edit2: i disabled "port scan and DoS protection" and now not even routerlogin.net works! i tried resetting the router still the same...help!!

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to access MR60 web admin page after firmware upgrade to 1.1.7.134

What is the brand and model # of the host router the MR is connected while in AP mode? 

What is the brand and model # of the LAN switch your using? 

What is the CAT# LAN cable your using between the MR, MS and Switch? 

How was the MR and MS FW updated? Manually or thru the MR and MS web page or via Nighthawk app?

Did you ensure you updated the MS first before the MR? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

If you set the MR to AP mode it's recommended to set a static IP address on the MR while in AP mode. This ensures you can connect to the MRs web page using same IP address every time. I like to use 192.168.#.60 on mine. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to access MR60 web admin page after firmware upgrade to 1.1.7.134

Any progress on this? 

@Prasanga wrote:

Hi All,

Router works for now (haven't tried to sync satellite yet) but on its own DHCP config - i had it fixed to a certain ip address on AP mode before. Suddenely i am not allowed to access or ping the fixed ip address - no arps being sent to the same. So i reset the router (after a simple reboot didn't make it any better) only to get this far on DHCP. 

I can see the ip address from the mobile app, can ping to it from my windows 10 machine, but unable to connect to admin page. MS60 page works though (it is hard wired to a switch along with MR60).

Ran a wireshark on wifi I can see TCP handshake failing miserably. TCP resets are being sent from MR60 to laptop to every attempt connect.

Edit: routerlogin.net worked! Dont know how as it was pointing to a public ip. Now i was able to set it up with static private ip, but still direct access is being denied, only routerlogin.net works.

Edit2: i disabled "port scan and DoS protection" and now not even routerlogin.net works! i tried resetting the router still the same...help!!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series