Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Windows 10 on NightHawk Mesh Always say "no internet, secured" but no issue on Hotspot.

Istan
Follower

Windows 10 on NightHawk Mesh Always say "no internet, secured" but no issue on Hotspot.

I have one laptop with Windows 10 that got recent updates and currently using Windows Defender (previously using symantec). After this update, my laptop becomes slow and always keeps being disconnected from internet. Its connected to WiFi but the status is always "no internet, secured". Upon a lot of trial and error, found-out that Windows Defender is having problem with my Tortoise SVN so for now I uninstalled it. So i thought everything will be ok now but the issue on WiFi Internet still persist. Then I noticed when I'm connected to my phone/hotspot i'm not lossing internet connectivity. But if i'm connected to our Nighthawk Mesh router, the issue is showing. It's difficult to always use a RJ45 cable just to be able to connect to the internet. I already did the following yet the internet connectivity issue still persist:

1. Forget WiFi, put laptop on Airplane mode, turn-off my laptop, wait for a minute, then turn my laptop back on and reconnect to the Mesh Wifi.

2. Update the Wifi Network Adapter on my laptop (although it says it already have the latest driver and clearly this is not the issue since I'm not having problem when connected to hotspot)

3. Turn-off and On the main router.

Note, i have other devices (phone, tablet and laptop) that doesn't encounter this issue.

Advance thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Windows 10 on NightHawk Mesh Always say "no internet, secured" but no issue on Hotspot.

Hello Istan,

Welcome to the community! We recently released firmware version 1.0.6.102 for the MR60/MS60. May you update to the latest firmware and let us know if your issue persists. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062202/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-0-6-102

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7