Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

nighthawk ax1800 satellite firmware

MFL100
Aspirant

nighthawk ax1800 satellite firmware

My M60 router has updated firmware V1.1.6.124_2.0.5.   My satellites have V1.1.6.122 and are not working.  When the router update checked for the satellite firmware, it said no updates were available.  When I try to manually update the satellites from  the V1.1.6.124 router update file on my computer, it says that I already have that installed.

Does that mean that the two satellites firmware was updated automatically when I updated the router?  If not, how do I update the satellites firmware?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: nighthawk ax1800 satellite firmware

Did you log into the MS web page there and send the FW file there using a web broswer? 

Also remember to update the MS first before the MR. 

Message 2 of 4
MFL100
Aspirant

I only downloaded the MS60 router firmware update (through my browser) and installed it through the router update.  I just recently learned that the satellites also have firmware that needs to be updated, and Netgear says there are none available after v...122 for satellites.  Of course, when the satellites.don't work, there is no information about their firmware updates on the router web page to tip you off.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You may need to downgrade the MR back to v.122, then see if you can get the MS to connect long enough to update the MS. MS have there own web pages you can send the v.124 FW too using a web browser:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-124-Rele...

@MFL100 wrote:

I only downloaded the MS60 router firmware update (through my browser) and installed it through the router update.  I just recently learned that the satellites also have firmware that needs to be updated, and Netgear says there are none available after v...122 for satellites.  Of course, when the satellites.don't work, there is no information about their firmware updates on the router web page to tip you off.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7