Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 100Mbps internet speed should I turn on QoS?

alexooitt
Aspirant

100Mbps internet speed should I turn on QoS?

Dear all, I need an advise, which I recently upgrade to fiber internet with 100Mbps speed, now shall I turn off my QoS? or just leave it On?.. please help. B/Regards...Alex Ooi
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
SScandy
Luminary

I also have 100Mbps download speed and I have found that I get better results with it turned off. Depending on your setup, your devices, and what you are trying to do on the internet and your internal network, your results could be totally different than mine. Some have reported that turning QoS on throttles some of their connections so that they end up being slower than with QoS turned off.

I would advise you to just simply try it both ways and see what works better for you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

If you have less than 300 Mbps, QoS can be beneficial. But it also depends on your use pattern

Message 2 of 4

@alexooitt

My suggestion would be to turn it off, but its entirely up you.  As @microchip8 stated, usage patterns come into play.

We were just discussing this in another thread.   

Message 3 of 4
SScandy
Luminary

I also have 100Mbps download speed and I have found that I get better results with it turned off. Depending on your setup, your devices, and what you are trying to do on the internet and your internal network, your results could be totally different than mine. Some have reported that turning QoS on throttles some of their connections so that they end up being slower than with QoS turned off.

I would advise you to just simply try it both ways and see what works better for you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7