2.4 Ghz channel not connecting on Nighthawk AC3200 R8000 router

Tech_fan
Aspirant

2.4 Ghz channel not connecting on Nighthawk AC3200 R8000 router

Router will not consistently stay connected to the 2.4 Ghz channel or in some cases will not connect at all.

Then when you try to connect again, you are told it is an incorrect password even though, when you go into the rouer configuration its the same exact password (Iphone, Ipad and Windows 10). On the Mac, it just says connection failed and then prompts me to enter the password again. The 5Ghz band is fine and works reliably. 

Tried on Mac, Iphone, Ipad and Windows 10 machines. Change the password in the router configuration several times and still will not work reliably. 

Did a factory reset on the router. Worked for about an hour and then did not stay connected. I tried multiple channels and that did not resolve the issue. I also turned Smart Connect to Off. 

I am running version V1.0.3.54_1.1.37 firmware. Tried other past versions of the prior firmware and the issues still remain. The problem just started occuring 2-3 months ago. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: 2.4 Ghz channel not connecting on Nighthawk AC3200 R8000 router

Hi Tech_fan,

Have you tried a different network name for 2.4Ghz?

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: 2.4 Ghz channel not connecting on Nighthawk AC3200 R8000 router

Hi Tech_fan,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E