Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2.4 and 5 ghz not working

smitty04
Tutor

2.4 and 5 ghz not working

I purchased this router brand new from Best Buy and used it for about 6 months. It was great. I moved and unboxed it and got it all set back up in my new home and the wifi no longer works. 2.4 and 5.0 ghz lights are both of but the 60 is lit up. I Contacted customer service and waited on the phone a long time just for them to tell me it would cost even more money to have them fix it. I boxed it all back up and stored it in my basement.(I was not happy being i paid over $400 dollars for this router to not work...). I recently unboxed it again hoping that over time people would run into this same issue hoping to fix it. Any Help would be great. Love this router just feel like im out $400 dollars... Also i have factory reset it and i have tried putting older firmware on it and newer firmare nothing has changed.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
smitty04
Tutor

Re: 2.4 and 5 ghz not working

*2.4ghz and 5.0ghz light is off

Message 2 of 6
antinode
Guru

> Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router

Firmware version?  Connected to what?

> [...] the wifi no longer works. [...]

What about wired?

"no longer works" is not a useful problem description.  It does not
say what you did.  It does not say what happened when you did it.  As
usual, showing actual actions (commands) with their actual results
(error messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague
descriptions or interpretations.

> [...] i have factory reset it [...]

How, exactly?  Did the LEDs do interesting things, or did you just
flash the button (and thus do nothing)?

> [...] tried putting older firmware on it and newer firmare [...]

Which?  As always, actual version numbers would be more useful than
your opinion of what's "newer" today (or "older").

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual (at least).  Read.  Look for the
LED descriptions and "Troubleshoot".  Pay particular attention to the
"WiFi On/Off button with LED".  Did you press it?  Further reading might
not hurt, either.

Message 3 of 6
smitty04
Tutor

Firmware Version: V1.0.5.24

Wired Connection works.

Yes i held the reset button until all the lights started flashing and I could tell it was going through the process.

I have read through a lot of forums and i do not seem to be the only one having this issue.

To explain no longer works.. The 2.4 and the 5ghz SSID is not broadcasting.

The only light indicator that is on is the 60ghz out of the 3 and i have tried holding the wifi button down for 2 seconds like the manual says and it turns off the lights on the attenas and the 60ghz and i did the same process to turn it back on but again the lights for the 2.4 and 5. do not come on.

Message 4 of 6
wcalifas
Prodigy

I think that router has a wifi power on/off button, hold it for 5 seconds and see if it turns on the 2.4 and 5ghz lights. If it doesn't hold it for 10 seconds. Let us know if that fixes it.

Message 5 of 6
sunnyvaletweety
Aspirant

I also have exactly same issue with a brand new Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, Model R9000.  I got it as a gift for a bit more than 1 year ago, and now tried to set it up, and have exactly same issue where only 60GHz led is lid, and 2.4 and 5GHz leds are not lid at all, and cannot connect to wifi, no such label found.  I also updated its firmware to latest V1.0.5.28 already.  But only hardware internet works.

I tried what suggested from this thread, but still not working.  Did you finally get your router to work?  Can you please share what you did?

I file for support, but they ask for receipt, and I don't have it at all since it was a gift.

@wcalifas wrote:

I think that router has a wifi power on/off button, hold it for 5 seconds and see if it turns on the 2.4 and 5ghz lights. If it doesn't hold it for 10 seconds. Let us know if that fixes it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7